Walking with Chickens; Watching them grow

Sam and Domino

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
Hey guys! I am Sammy and I joined BC days ago, and for my birthday (April 1st wohoo) my parents had gotten me and my sisters 6 baby chicks!

Meet:
Powder Puff (Puff): Smallest Red sex-link hen, kinda looked like she is a mini explosive because she looks like a puffball/cottonball

Hawk: Likes to perch like a hawk, very loud when you're in the room and don't pick her up (red sex link hen)

Peepers: Red-sex link hen who tends to be the first up in the morning (haha); sister named it after Peep Marshmallows

Domino: Tetra-tint hen with 2 small black dots on her feathering; tends to try to be the leader

Cercae: Smallest Tetra-tint with no spots; name means heart in polish (Sir-say)

Gardenia: Tetra-tint with one big black spot on her neck; got her name from roaming onto my pot and pulling out my flower x.x;

Is it odd that I have fallen so much in love with these guys that I am nuts over chickens now?
lau.gif

Or is it just me?

This forum I'd like to continue as they age, and put up photos of them growing up
Powderpuff

Hello everyone,
I joined a few days ago with just two chicks. No names yet, no idea of gender or breed. I have a question. We found our 'guy' the younger of the two chicks soaking wet by his water container. I picked him up to dry him off and he doesn't have any chest hair.
ep.gif
He didn't have much before and I'm not sure if he has any less since he was all wet. The two of them seem to enjoy being together, where one goes the other and when one is out of the bin playing with the family, the other is having a fit. We usually have them both out together but that 3 seconds they are apart are terrible for them. We think the bigger of the two is a female, she acts like one. Our yellow guy had a bum leg when we first got him but he seems better now. So are there fewer feathers on a male? female? in the chest area? Also, is there anyway to tell what breed they are by the wings? Our 'girl' has lovely brown wings and strips and all kinds of beautifulness.

Thank you,
bun.gif
gwyn
'

Back
Top Bottom