Wanting chickens

TLCrooks

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 29, 2014
I would like to start on a coop this fall. Also I want to use a old dog run for the chicken run. My husband is not totally sold on the idea yet.
I have a grandson that will be 2 this Feb, so I was thinking of giving him the chickens for Easter & then I would keep them. He could always think of them as his.

I would like to start on a coop this fall. Also I want to use a old dog run for the chicken run. My husband is not totally sold on the idea yet.
I have a grandson that will be 2 this Feb, so I was thinking of giving him the chickens for Easter & then I would keep them. He could always think of them as his.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

That is suck a great idea and a great way to have them come over and visit ....
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a great experienced for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your flock.

Welcome to this BYC. I'm glad you decided to start down the chicken route, they make such lovely pets! Anyway, I wish you the best in your experience and hope that you do get chickens because they're beautiful- mine even love hugs and kisses!

Rachel.
hugs.gif

It took me over a year to get my husband interested, but once we got the chicks, he loved them. They are so fun, entertaining, and surprising. And he does most of the day to day care for me….AND EATS MOST OF THE EGGS!

Good luck in your plans and Welcome to BYC!
jumpy.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You might stop by our coops pages to get some ideas on building your coop and run. Maybe the hubby just needs some ideas to get started...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of helpful tips and hints on getting started, building the coop, raising thechicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck on this new journey! I hope your hubby gets on board and gets this thing going! Chickens are so much fun to keep they can be very affectionate and friendly. All my birds are lap warmers. :)

Seems like reluctant spouses come over to the chicken side once they actually have them around. Who could resist little chicks?

Back
Top Bottom