Wanting to show my Chicks and eggs real beauty.

jeslewmazer

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 24, 2009
Mississippi
I currently own 12.1 mega pixels camera (that takes awesome regular amateur pictures), but I was wondering..........What would be the best background to show chicks and/or eggs natural color/beauty?

writing this from personal experience. . .

Chicks do well in a lot of different background, same as eggs. . . A natural setting such as a green, sunny background or a drab rocky, dirty, or slab/concrete background also works in natural light.

In artificial light, solid colors, usually either simple white or very dark hues work, such as black, brown, blue.

One bit of warning - Most bright yellow or even subtle yellow chicks are a little difficult to capture the true "lemon yellow" of. That's something that requires "photoshopping" or a really good camera.

I find with eggs, blue is the hardest. When working with blue eggs, I always use a contrasting color to really bring out the blue. Often putting up colors too dark or having too much sunlight on them makes them too pale, and having purely blue eggs on white will make them appear green - Use other colors as a counterbalance. Also, try more with artificial or subtle lighting like cloud-cover. Try warm tan colors, green eggs on the side, white eggs on the side but with a darker background, or a natural setting of green/brown/grey in the background.

There are a couple people here who do really good photography of their Olive Egger and Ameraucana eggs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom