WARNING to walk-in coop owners

After having been locked out of my 2nd floor college condo one too many times (the last straw leaving me to have to climb over the balcony wall in my socks to get back in), I disable any auto locks on doors as soon as I see them.

My coop's human door does have a keyed lock but I've never seen a need to use it, as the coop is fully surrounded by the run so it's unlikely that there'd be a predator trying to knock on the door.

After having been locked out of my 2nd floor college condo one too many times (the last straw leaving me to have to climb over the balcony wall in my socks to get back in), I disable any auto locks on doors as soon as I see them.

My coop's human door does have a keyed lock but I've never seen a need to use it, as the coop is fully surrounded by the run so it's unlikely that there'd be a predator trying to knock on the door.

Mine has a key,too, but I have no idea where it is! At least the button is on the inside. 😬

Mine has a key,too, but I have no idea where it is! At least the button is on the inside. 😬
The locking lever on the inside was what caused me to lock myself out! Going in and out, typically with hands full of tools, etc., I somehow worked the locking lever over just enough...then Ta-Da! Locked. No problem now, though--I cut that sucker OFF.

I installed a latch so I can keep predators out of the coop with a carabeener, and if we go somewhere, I can lock the run door.

Just no need for a lock on the inside. (See original post about aliens.)

You have Spidey Skills too!

You have Spidey Skills too!
I literally was scrambling over it like a spider... well, a spider that's deathly afraid of heights. Took me about 45 minutes to figure out how to do it (the balcony was set in by a few feet, so had to scale the wall and then reach back with my foot to hit the railing) and to work up the courage to do it... never want to do that again!

Back
Top Bottom