Washington Feather Fanciers Show Chehalis, WA Nov 17-18 Also birds that are being brought for sale

PLEASE clear any food served with the show secretary first! Last year at one of the shows, I can't remember which, the food vendor on the grounds complained and it caused big problems. The show can't afford to lose a venue :(.
I understand what you are saying. And am not trying to cause problems. Last year at Chehalis one of the show "STAFF" came to me and said thanks for the food that our group shared with others. I was also told by that same person that it was another of the show "staff" who complained about the food "I" was supposedly serving. I simply said that the catalog says you are on your own for lunch and we were just a group of friends sharing our lunch with each other, AND many outsiders I may add. See there was NO money collected. I actually had people offer donations and I told them no that we couldn't. I hope IF we do something similar that we can do it with the (so to speak) blessings of all.

ETA

I have just communicated with Mark Dooms. I ask "What is the outlook on a group of friends sharing their lunch at the show? Similar to last year but not in my booth! There will be NO MONEY exchanged!!!

His reply "Go for it. No problem"

Last edited:
Very cool about the update on the food. So should we get a Pot Luck sign up sheet set up? Or stick with the desert, and coffee plan?

Very cool about the update on the food. So should we get a Pot Luck sign up sheet set up? Or stick with the desert, and coffee plan?
I can bring some things that can be made ahead and don't need refrigeration. I will be coming down Friday and staying at a hotel.
I could get bread and lunch meats and cheeses at the store for sandwiches, if someone could get some condiments we could start there. That would be great for me, I can just run to the store in the morning and bring a cooler to keep it in until lunch. Let me know if that is ok.
big_smile.png

Rob- Thanks! You rock!! I am not against potluck/food all I want is to make sure someone checks with the show to ensure that no problems are raised for the show. These shows are planned, executed, run, setup almost exclusively by volunteers (sometimes some outside help is hired for setup/teardown) and each additional issue they run into is jsut more stress for them. By being respectful and asking we minimize their headaches.

Again, you rock, rob! Also, do you have a broody,... I have something for you...

We're coming on Saturday. Now I'm just waiting to find out what time DH wants to head down that day. I have boxes and a medium dog carrier.

I should go dig around in the shed for the cover for the large dog crate. That has more room than the carrier but won't fit inside the truck. Boxes and carrier are probably the best bet.

I have a couple of 6 month old cockerels, a Spitz/Brabanter and a Brabanter/Spitz, I want to get rid of. I could bring them to the show if anyone is interested.

I will have a sale area setup at the show. I have been working on lots of earrings in christmas styles as well as lots of nice ones that would make great christmas presents as well
droolin.gif
. I will have my display fixed with correct pricing and everything by the show.

I will be bringing a few 5-6 week old paint silkie chicks as well as some 1 week old ones. I also have a couple cockerals left for good PET homes only. 1 is a beautiful Buff laced brahma and 1 is a splash Jersey Giant. The Jersey is just laying quality and is on the smaller side for a Jersey boy but is beautiful and has the best temperment ever. He is like a little puppy! The first to come to us for treats and pretty gentle taking them to. But the best part is he is great with kids! My 5 year old has carried him around since we got him as a day old chick and he just lays limp in her arms. he never tries to struggle and get away and he never runs away from her when she runs up to him, he just sits there and I swear rolls his eyes as he submits to her. I took him to the PNPA show and my daughter carried him around for a while letting kids see him then he sat on my lap during the awards without even flinching. I am really sad to see him go and I really want to keep this guy just because of how great he is but he just started trying to crow. I have neighbors very close to me and they tolerate my silkies crowing with minimal complaining but this guy is a lot louder and as he gets older it will just get worse. I don't want my neighbors upset with me and my birds...... I also have a splash Ameraucana cockeral who is beautiful but has some color leakage so would be good for making easter eggers, olive eggers or for stew? He is nice but I am not so attached to him.
The boys are all free to the right home.

Rob- Thanks! You rock!! I am not against potluck/food all I want is to make sure someone checks with the show to ensure that no problems are raised for the show. These shows are planned, executed, run, setup almost exclusively by volunteers (sometimes some outside help is hired for setup/teardown) and each additional issue they run into is jsut more stress for them. By being respectful and asking we minimize their headaches.

Again, you rock, rob! Also, do you have a broody,... I have something for you...
Thanks but really! I just did something that I am all about communication!!! Yes I totally understand the work to put on the show. I have helped with things like but on a larger scale.

It takes a lot of dedicated VOLUNTEERS to make it happen.

I am gonna go have a very serious talk with Silkiebator and see if she is willing to go to work or if she wants to stay in the unenjoyment lines. Will also be working on other options to.

Glad to see there is a swap thread !
I was wondering if anyone had started one yet~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have :
Partridge Chantecler Cockerel ...very nice boy !!!

P. Chantecler Pullet...also very nice !!! (Both are $20 each)

I also have a few very nice french Silver Cuckoo Marans boys....

This little man is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ($20)

Also have a TOM "Walker Midget Black Winged-Bronze Turkey"
Eggs sent to me from Dr Walker (Texas) 2 hatched of 6, 1 died...so this boy is 3 1/2 mo now and LONELY !!!!
sad.png

Pics on request...or next time I am outside, HE IS GORGEOUS !!!!
$50. and not for eating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not commiting to going to the show unless I have sales, as I am not showing...so have to pay for gas..................or DH will kick my fanny....
hmm.png

I also have 2 quads of Exhibition quality Black javas hatched from Monte Bowen...............
First quad is 1 year old cock & 3 hens

Next quad is 7 mo old java cockerel & 3 pullets, both quads are $80.

Thanks, peeps

Back
Top Bottom