Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We've had a sudden uptick of rodents the last month. Making me so mad.

Athena and Zeus got 3 adults today and injured another 2. Hopefully they die from the bites.

Found three nests. One during the daylight. That's how we got one. She was giving birth. That's a good chunk of pests that won't be causing more problems.
Wow We had major big mole dead in the yard for me to walk on
one of the girls dug it up and dispensed it.. both got GOOD DOG and good dog cookies

Worked on new coop all weekend, almost ready to move the little cluckers out there!

Now back to the work week........grindstone here I come........
yippiechickie.gif

Help! My 6 week olds moved outside yesterday. They have a heat lamp in thier coop.
My 4 week old went out to the coop for a visit today and loved it.
Tonight When I tried to get them to bring in they didn't want to come in. I will let them stay outside now with the big girls.
Ok, this is the question: I have a bit of a runt. Thimbleina is tiny, scrawny and tend to be a loner. I'm fearful of putting her out with the big girls in the coop.
Right now i have her in our house. She spent the evening sleeping on my chest.
What do I do with her????
I wouldn't totally separate her from the others. When it is time for her to join the flock full time she may lose her place in the pecking order. Do you have a scale you an weigh her on? Since there is a heat lamp in the coop, I'd put her out with the others. If you notice her losing weight or not growing, then you can bring her in at night to keep her warm and offer extra food. Be sure to get her back out in the morning so she can be part of the group!

I wouldn't totally separate her from the others.  When it is time for her to join the flock full time she may lose her place in the pecking order.  Do you have a scale you an weigh her on?  Since there is a heat lamp in the coop, I'd put her out with the others.  If you notice her losing weight or not growing, then you can bring her in at night to keep her warm and offer extra food.  Be sure to get her back out in the morning so she can be part of the group!  

Ok, I can do this. I have created multiple feeding spots. I like the idea of taking her in at night if need be. Out in the coop during the day.
I will try this....outside she goes!

Do not leave the back door open when stepping outside to do something if the chickens are out.

I was out all of two minutes. Came back in to half a dozen chickens scoping out the laundry room looking for cat and dog food.

Back
Top Bottom