Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Between noon and midnight our Great Pyrenees LGD has given birth to 12 puppies! I am not sure if she is done yet but I think 12 is a good number. Her last litter (before we got her) was 10 puppies.

There are 2 solid white females and 2 solid white males while there are 8 with spots (which could fade to white). I have not counted up boys and girls on the spotted ones yet since I want a solid white female and only checked the sex on the whites as soon as they were born. Now I get to pick between keeping #4 or #12 but since #12 is bigger I will probably keep her. Puppies #10 and #11 were also white males but I was afraid there would only be 1 solid white puppy once we got to #9 and only #4 was solid white. It was strange to have 3 white puppies in a row after so many spotted puppies.

I have been sitting with the mama beginning with #4 to make sure she does not lay on them but she is a good mama so all the pups are doing well. We are keeping one and I promised one to her former owner so that leaves us with 10 puppies for adoption. I took pictures as they were born so I know their birth order and I can identify each one that way. They have already been dry and nursing but she has managed to get them all wet again by turning around and dripping all over them so I gave up trying to dry them off with a towel. She will get them cleaned off again once she is done giving birth.

Some one on here said they like special birds?

Becky needs a new home, she is a 4 week old cream brabanter.

Her head is a bit deformed, her nasal cavity is caved in and has been sens we got her, she eats and drinks just fine and keeps up with her hatchmates, I have to clean her eyes and nose once a week ish, her head eas mostly bald for a long time..now her fethers are sorta coming in. She is sweet but needs a pet home.
Shenis missing 3 toes.

Where are you located?

Between noon and midnight our Great Pyrenees LGD has given birth to 12 puppies! I am not sure if she is done yet but I think 12 is a good number. Her last litter (before we got her) was 10 puppies.

There are 2 solid white females and 2 solid white males while there are 8 with spots (which could fade to white). I have not counted up boys and girls on the spotted ones yet since I want a solid white female and only checked the sex on the whites as soon as they were born. Now I get to pick between keeping #4 or #12 but since #12 is bigger I will probably keep her. Puppies #10 and #11 were also white males but I was afraid there would only be 1 solid white puppy once we got to #9 and only #4 was solid white. It was strange to have 3 white puppies in a row after so many spotted puppies.

I have been sitting with the mama beginning with #4 to make sure she does not lay on them but she is a good mama so all the pups are doing well. We are keeping one and I promised one to her former owner so that leaves us with 10 puppies for adoption. I took pictures as they were born so I know their birth order and I can identify each one that way. They have already been dry and nursing but she has managed to get them all wet again by turning around and dripping all over them so I gave up trying to dry them off with a towel. She will get them cleaned off again once she is done giving birth.

Wow, that's a lot of dogs, big dogs :) we expect pictures when there are about 6 to 8 weeks old. Absolutely adorable.

I may want a *****..................let me know how many you have & price ? I am so short on cash right now it is not even funny...

I may want a *****..................let me know how many you  have & price ? I am so short on cash right now it is not even funny...

They have some growing to do for the next 2 months so I will keep you all posted. I want to do baby pictures for each one in birth order but for now I am letting their mama get some rest and nurse them. They are fat healthy pups so they are quiet and not too mobile now but that will change when they are all bouncing in different directions. I will post pictures once I take all their baby pictures (to show faces and markings).

Here are the birth pictures I took of the pup we will most likely keep and the first 8 puppies when we moved them from the shop to the house. I was going to try something like this with each pup but the light on the first 8 was not great until I got them inside, where she had 4 more (3 solid white) and I realized that the amniotic fluid looked green against their white fur.

Back
Top Bottom