Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

it has always been damper out towards the coast even Raymond get more dampness in the mornings that is part of the reason we choose Mossyrock area looked at places from Onalaska to Randall

Ok what's my problem 2 different coups and keep getting broody hens another one as of last night that's 5 in like the last 4 to 6 weeks. I keep the eggs picked up its been in the 90s, 97 yesterday now it's a black copper Marans broody in a small plastic nest box you wouldn't think she would want to be in there in this heat. Any suggestions or do I just have natural broody chickens? I'm sure this is a problem some people would love to have.

Ok what's my problem 2 different coups and keep getting broody hens another one as of last night that's 5 in like the last 4 to 6 weeks. I keep the eggs picked up its been in the 90s, 97 yesterday now it's a black copper Marans broody in a small plastic nest box you wouldn't think she would want to be in there in this heat. Any suggestions or do I just have natural broody chickens? I'm sure this is a problem some people would love to have.

Not a darn thing you can do about it. Just get a broody buster going. I had one that needed a full week (or was it more?) and the other took just 3-4 days. I use a wire dog kennel. Or you can try taking them for a ride in the car for about an hour or so, in a box or carrier. That seems to work too, especially if you're trying to take her to someone that actually wants a broody! lol

Not a darn thing you can do about it. Just get a broody buster going. I had one that needed a full week (or was it more?) and the other took just 3-4 days. I use a wire dog kennel. Or you can try taking them for a ride in the car for about an hour or so, in a box or carrier. That seems to work too, especially if you're trying to take her to someone that actually wants a broody! lol
That's funny I like the car ride idea. I have one in a cage now looks like I need to make another. I can't have anymore chicks at the moment I do want to raise some more this fall you watch I won't have a broody hen one when I want one.

I have 3 dozen silkies due in a week. A third will be partridge/white/oddballs. Those eggs are separated and under the designated broodies. The incubator has normal partridge and eggs from the giant boy.

Everyone is going under hens once the mixed lot get their feet feathers Blukoted to mark them. That should hold until I can band them.

made it home 10 chicks in tow all lavender got bulk price giggle all hiding behind feed bin now after I showed each one water nipple then food as I took them one by one from the dog crate photo op tomorrow alright

I have 3 dozen silkies due in a week. A third will be partridge/white/oddballs. Those eggs are separated and under the designated broodies. The incubator has normal partridge and eggs from the giant boy.

Everyone is going under hens once the mixed lot get their feet feathers Blukoted to mark them. That should hold until I can band them.
How are you holding together glad the day is about done

Yet another broody tonight Olive egger this time will be making more wire cages in the morning. The new one has a fowle disposition for just getting broody wow. The other one BCM's is about a sweetheart for a broody you can take her out pet her what ever and all there is are a few light clucks then slinks back in the nest box the other one is posesed I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom