Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Penny we have 4 kids in the family, grew up in Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay and San Jose, CA
All of us are watching sun damage right now.
Cousins who lived next door have had biopsies that were cancerous.
My dad has had quite a few skin "lesions" burnt off already.
We ran around all the time, all day, in the sun.
We got sun burnt to the point of giant watery blisters, on a regular basis.
Watch your skin, all over but especially on the top of your head, in the part of your hair, shoulders, ears, neck.

Penny we have 4 kids in the family, grew up in Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay and San Jose, CA
All of us are watching sun damage right now.
Cousins who lived next door have had biopsies that were cancerous.
My dad has had quite a few skin "lesions" burnt off already.
We ran around all the time, all day, in the sun.
We got sun burnt to the point of giant watery blisters, on a regular basis.
Watch your skin, all over but especially on the top of your head, in the part of your hair, shoulders, ears, neck.
anymore I rarely am out for long without heavy sunscreen and a hat and not for long popped out to the new coop check on little peeps gave them ice cold potato peelings all gone now learning the big scary person brings good things

Yep. Eastern Washington gets a tiny bit of wind. lol We have everything cemented, nailed, bolted, or bricked at our place. Also, the amount of snow this year would have collapsed any non-peaked roof.

A "tiny bit" is just about right! OMG!
I lived in Ephrata in the 60s. We had sand in our hair and teeth 99% of the time from all the blowing! And since we weren't allowed to wear pants to school, our legs got sandblasted on a pretty regular basis! I remember fences between Ephrata and Moses Lake that were 3 feet deep and 5 feet high with packed in tumble weeds.

IMG_0569.JPG
Hot here to and smoky wind Brew from the north about 20 this morning so we jumped in the boat and went walleye fishing caught 15 nice fish.Released one last Sunday that was 29 inches long was between 12 and 15 pounds she was big here she is didn't get pictures today.

Last edited:
Wow we came out of Wisconsin when I was 7 turned 8 in California moving here
never thought to go back there love the green this side of the mountains....
now headed for bed

Hi all! Thought I should finally post on the WA thread. I live in Bow (just north of Mt. Vernon...amazing how many people have no idea where Bow is that live on the West side of the state). I also spend a lot of time at Lake Cavanaugh.

I'm a city girl transplant. Born and raised in Seattle and then moved to Shoreline for many years. Always been my dream to get out of the city once the kids grew up and moved out. That finally happened last year so here we are in Bow and loving every minute of it!

I am new to chickens this year and currently have a flock of 20 hens. Again, loving every minute of it!

Also spent a lot of time growing up during hunting season on the east side of the state in Mesa, Basin City and Othello. Even went to WSU.

My Dad was an avid trap shooter and pheasant hunter and I was basically raised on trap ranges and have walked many beet fields (in the old days), corn, alfalfa fields and orchards in my day. I hunted with him until I hit my late teens and then developed an aversion to killing things. Not that I'm anti-hunting or anti-gun! It's just not for me (the hunting part) so I continued to go with him, just not carry a shotgun. I continued to go with him until my Dad passed, because it was so beautiful and peaceful there and developed friendships with the farmers that let us hunt their land.

It was during those hunting trips that I knew I would someday live rural, raise chickens, goats and have a huge garden! Well, I live rural now, have the chickens and the huge garden, but no goats.....yet! :) Those trips also developed my love of nature, art and photography.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and will keep track of this thread. I think I've become chicken obsessed!

A "tiny bit" is just about right! OMG!
I lived in Ephrata in the 60s. We had sand in our hair and teeth 99% of the time from all the blowing! And since we weren't allowed to wear pants to school, our legs got sandblasted on a pretty regular basis! I remember fences between Ephrata and Moses Lake that were 3 feet deep and 5 feet high with packed in tumble weeds.

They say you can tell what side of town you're from as one side of your car will be sandblasted !
We lived in Ione OR for a while, and such was the case.
Oddly enough, the side of the truck that was devoid of any paint, never rusted either ! :)

View attachment 1099762 Hot here to and smoky wind Brew from the north about 20 this morning so we jumped in the boat and went walleye fishing caught 15 nice fish.Released one last Sunday that was 29 inches long was between 12 and 15 pounds she was big here she is didn't get pictures today.

Looks great !
Where are you fishing ?
I wish DH (Einstein) would fix the trailer for our boat..................been 2 1/2 years, maybe 3 years now !!! :mad:
I should just go buy a new trailer !!!

Back
Top Bottom