Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It’s been a wild summer. We had a couple osprey living next door, then an eagle attacked a hen. Gunther the rooster scared it off and newly named “Lucky” is recovered and back in with the flock.
The chickens have worms, so we’re treating them with valbazen that we had on hand. Those of you on the west (wet) side, do you worm regularly? How often do you all worm your chickens?

Attachments

• 122C0114-8B3C-4223-9D04-DD434625A395.jpeg
    122C0114-8B3C-4223-9D04-DD434625A395.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
It’s been a wild summer. We had a couple osprey living next door, then an eagle attacked a hen. Gunther the rooster scared it off and newly named “Lucky” is recovered and back in with the flock.
The chickens have worms, so we’re treating them with valbazen that we had on hand. Those of you on the west (wet) side, do you worm regularly? How often do you all worm your chickens?
Wow you have had quite a rough go! I usually worm once a year when I see roundworms in the poo. I used to run samples in for float tests but have been slacking on that lately.

I have one young chicken that will not lay her eggs in the nest box any ideas to get her to lay in there??? Everyone else will ?? In fact I wait until 1pm to let them out and run around the yard for a few hours but she has been waiting until I ket them out to lay her egg on our porch
Ahh...she is giving you a gift. 😁

I'm having trouble with wanting too many chickens this week. We dropped off my youngest child at college a week ago. She was my chicken breeding conspirator, and somehow that's making me want more chickens while I miss her. We have two flocks plus a bachelor pen and a total of 32 right now. More stock is not really a need. Nevertheless, I just bid on Swedish Flower Hen hatching eggs. What I really wanted was black copper marans or cream legbars to increase my gene pool, I honestly don't want to start a new breed. I do have an empty coop and additional fencing I'm not using, but that should be an extra pen for marans or a blue egg layer group. I guess the swedish flower hens eggs were just there, and pretty and the others were not? There is hope I will be outbid I guess?

Back
Top Bottom