Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

That would be amazing! I’m coming from Florida and I’m driving so I think the best way would be for me to overnight them and have them incubated then pick them up when they hatch. Where are you located?
Welcome to Lewis County! And welcome to the thread. I hope the move goes smoothly and your hatch comes out great.

Have you shipped eggs that far before? I bought some eggs from Florida several years ago. They were packed very well. But all the jostling around destroyed them anyway. They didn't get here in 2 days either. Anyway, I only got one hatch out of 13 eggs.

Not trying to be negative about it, but I would hand the eggs to Penny when you get here. :idunno

Welcome to Lewis County! And welcome to the thread. I hope the move goes smoothly and your hatch comes out great.

Have you shipped eggs that far before? I bought some eggs from Florida several years ago. They were packed very well. But all the jostling around destroyed them anyway. They didn't get here in 2 days either. Anyway, I only got one hatch out of 13 eggs.

Not trying to be negative about it, but I would hand the eggs to Penny when you get here. :idunno
I have never done shipped hatching eggs at all.

1 out of 13 is terrible odds!

the problem im running into is that im driving from Florida. the trip is going to be 5 days driving minimum. I have 4 hens and 2 roosters right now so im getting 2-3 eggs a day. if I collect for a week ill have like 15 eggs.

drive them across the country. get them in an incubator. the oldest eggs are about 13 days old.

if I get a dozen to hatch( and I feel that's asking a lot) 6 pullets and 6 cockerels( again, a tall order), cull down to 2 cockerels, I'm down to 8. in reality its probably closer to 6.

I was trying to get a few more to work with by shipping 2 dozen , preemptive strike on chicken math lol

I have never done shipped hatching eggs at all.

1 out of 13 is terrible odds!

the problem im running into is that im driving from Florida. the trip is going to be 5 days driving minimum. I have 4 hens and 2 roosters right now so im getting 2-3 eggs a day. if I collect for a week ill have like 15 eggs.

drive them across the country. get them in an incubator. the oldest eggs are about 13 days old.

if I get a dozen to hatch( and I feel that's asking a lot) 6 pullets and 6 cockerels( again, a tall order), cull down to 2 cockerels, I'm down to 8. in reality its probably closer to 6.

I was trying to get a few more to work with by shipping 2 dozen , preemptive strike on chicken math lol
It might work. Why not try? Nothing to lose. I hope it all works out for you!!! Penny is a great hatcher!!! She has great success.

Hi Penny Jo! All is well here these days. Go in for my semi annual CT Scan in about a week, but don't expect them to find anything.

Been out prepping the garden today. So many weeds!!! The fun thing is, our strawberries from last year are thriving and spreading. We should get a nice crop this year.

How are you doing?

Back
Top Bottom