We are on Piglet Watch

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
I have two female pot belly pigs, Juliette and Charlotte. BOTH are expecting, but since I am not sure when the boyfriend got them, as it was not something we were trying for, I was not sure when they'd farrow - I was guessing around the first of May.

I've been keeping close watch, and over the last 3 days this is what I've noticed:
Friday - both girls looked swollen in their girly areas.
Saturday - Juliette showing an obvious Milk Line, both girls bellies have dropped, and both girls a bit bigger in the girly area
Sunday (today) - girly areas on both girls are bigger, Charlotte has started building her milk line, and Juliette is discharging, laying around more, and building a nest in the hay we gave her.

We're expecting Juliette to pop out piglets anytime now - everything I've read says once the milkline is noticeable, 4 days to farrowing.

We rehomed their boyfriend so we don't have to worry about any more pregnant pigs.

This is Juliette's second litter, Charlotte's first. Juliette had 5 babies in her first litter. Today, when I was rubbing her belly, I could feel the babies rolling around.

Charlotte is not as friendly as Juliette, and doesn't want us touching her, so there's no rubbing of her belly
lol.png

Anyway, I'll post pics, and we'll be looking for GOOD pet homes for some baby pigs in a few weeks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom