We lost one of our girls tonight..

Thank you so much, I had no idea they could go without a sign šŸ˜ž
I know its sad!!
One of my died in the night , I went out in the morning and there a died hen. We found out when we opened her up she was bleeding Inside!!šŸ˜­

Yes, our first loss was a beautiful, gentle, big black rooster named Elvis, we later found out he was a BJG. One morning I just found him lying dead in a corner of the pen and I was heartbroken, but we have no idea how old he was - not young like yours, certainly. I'm sorry for your loss. A necropsy could give you answers, as another poster suggested double wrap the body in plastic and refrigerate it and send it to the state lab to have one done. Hold on, I think @Kiki has that info of where to send it.

Yes I've had them go like that. The reason is chickens are bread knowing NOT to show weakness, illness, pain, ect
.because if their flock notices they will attack and kill them. It's the way of nature. So sadly by the time we notice they are either dead or close to it. Some signs the do show is pale face and comb, a dropped tail, fluffed up feathers excessive sleeping. I try and check for those signs everyday hoping I can catch what's wrong before it's too late. But they are Very good at hiding illness.thats why to us, one day they seem fine the next dead. Hope this helps and I'm so so sorry for your loss. Hugsā™”

Back
Top Bottom