Weak chick

Ray987

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2024
Hello, so I hatched 29 chicks 3-5 days ago, around 5 of them were born with bad feet but I corrected all of them using the tape method and they've been doing great ever since, anyhow there's this one chick that was born with thinner legs than the rest of them and always peeping still not eating much just picks stuff occasionally however I saw it drink earlier this morning, over here in my country they would just cuel weak chicks or sell them to kids to play with them basically get rid of them because they say weak chicks are likely to get sick and infect other chicks, any recommendations on what Should I do to help this little chick or should I just give it away?

Baby chicks are no different that other baby animals. A little extra sugar in their water can make a big difference. Try that for a few days.

Baby chicks are no different that other baby animals. A little extra sugar in their water can make a big difference. Try that for a few days.
I gave them sugar water for a whole day when I got them out of the incubator, give them more?

Back
Top Bottom