Weak Legs on Ayam Cemani

AprylM

Hatching
Mar 29, 2021
Hey there! I acquired a few week old Ayam Cemani chick who has very weak legs and he cannot hold himself upright. He can hold himself up with his heel and his wings but he still wobbles over a lot. His toes still work because if I pick him up and put him in my hand you can feel him trying to keep his balance. I have also noticed his head will occasionally curl underneath his neck and he will become rigid. I have been feeding him mashed up chick starter with a syringe to get him to eat more and I have also heard that vitamin b12 could help with the leg weakness. I have been giving him some ground up vitamin b for about 2 days. I do not know if he has improved much. I have never had Mareks disease in my flock but his face overall looks pretty healthy. He chirps and has the disposition of any other chick, plus he has had this for at least a week and a half before I acquired him, for a total of at least two weeks. I would have thought if it were a disease he wouldn't have made it this far. He was also a lot smaller than the other birds that he was with. I am running out of ideas to help the poor guy! Thank you for your help! Picture is from the day that I got him. I can post more if you need!
20210327_193648.jpg

Hey there! I acquired a few week old Ayam Cemani chick who has very weak legs and he cannot hold himself upright. He can hold himself up with his heel and his wings but he still wobbles over a lot. His toes still work because if I pick him up and put him in my hand you can feel him trying to keep his balance. I have also noticed his head will occasionally curl underneath his neck and he will become rigid. I have been feeding him mashed up chick starter with a syringe to get him to eat more and I have also heard that vitamin b12 could help with the leg weakness. I have been giving him some ground up vitamin b for about 2 days. I do not know if he has improved much. I have never had Mareks disease in my flock but his face overall looks pretty healthy. He chirps and has the disposition of any other chick, plus he has had this for at least a week and a half before I acquired him, for a total of at least two weeks. I would have thought if it were a disease he wouldn't have made it this far. He was also a lot smaller than the other birds that he was with. I am running out of ideas to help the poor guy! Thank you for your help! Picture is from the day that I got him. I can post more if you need
Hey there! I acquired a few week old Ayam Cemani chick who has very weak legs and he cannot hold himself upright. He can hold himself up with his heel and his wings but he still wobbles over a lot. His toes still work because if I pick him up and put him in my hand you can feel him trying to keep his balance. I have also noticed his head will occasionally curl underneath his neck and he will become rigid. I have been feeding him mashed up chick starter with a syringe to get him to eat more and I have also heard that vitamin b12 could help with the leg weakness. I have been giving him some ground up vitamin b for about 2 days. I do not know if he has improved much. I have never had Mareks disease in my flock but his face overall looks pretty healthy. He chirps and has the disposition of any other chick, plus he has had this for at least a week and a half before I acquired him, for a total of at least two weeks. I would have thought if it were a disease he wouldn't have made it this far. He was also a lot smaller than the other birds that he was with. I am running out of ideas to help the poor guy! Thank you for your help! Picture is from the day that I got him. I can post more if you need!View attachment 2591785
hello, I had a weak baby chick too. Something that seemed to help him was a table spoon of sugar in his water. You should try that on your chick it will boost his energy.

Back
Top Bottom