Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good Morning!

Hatch complete. The final cochin that hatched is another splash!

:celebrate

Awesome!! Can't wait to see them grow out!!

the 55s are super, and very quiet. the duckling has its neck Droid up underneath and it was acting like it couldn't use its feet so I have its feet working now I'm working on trying to draw its neck out straight like it should be. If it isn't better by the end of the day I'm figuring it won't make it. :hit

@RavynFallen, should you go see RHPS, whether live or on screen. I suggest reading this

https://www.google.com/amp/www.coll...ge-inspiration-the-rocky-horror-picture-show/
:D

Hope the little 'ling makes it, that sucks... :(

Yes, I know... I am shamed for never having seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show... :oops:

Need help! I have two Silkie hens that can't raise a chick !

Don't use Silkies for broodys then...

They finally hatched two beautiful chicks that I found dead under them this morning. After three attempts they finally hatched chicks and then let them die.

Not good... I seriously don't like Silkies for raising chicks, only 1 hen I have was an excellent mom... 1 double team did ok, but they lost a few too...

You need some Ohiki hens for brooders... seriously... hands down the best chicken mamas I have ever seen... they're equal to the best Call duck mamas...

Oz, are they setting in the same nest together?  If so, try separating them next time - sometimes that helps.

Good morning, Pond Scum.  :celebrate   My lily pad is all dusty - better than all wet, I guess.  :idunno

:hugs

Missed ya, sour... security on the Pond has slacked off rather drastically without you... ;)

Hope you are kicking your bout of bronchitis and Princess is now singing like a canary, once again

X2!

Ugh... obviously a good crack to the head area interferes with multitasking... I thought I had quoted and posted this all earlier, lol... :/

Yes, I know... I am shamed for never having seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show... :oops:
Not good... I seriously don't like Silkies for raising chicks, only 1 hen I have was an excellent mom... 1 double team did ok, but they lost a few too...

You need some Ohiki hens for brooders... seriously... hands down the best chicken mamas I have ever seen... they're equal to the best Call duck mamas...

Missed ya, sour... security on the Pond has slacked off rather drastically without you... ;)
X2!

Ugh... obviously a good crack to the head area interferes with multitasking... I thought I had quoted and posted this all earlier, lol... :/

Only planning to keep a select few of these chicks. Can't give them all up lol

I still may have to try some Ohikis, but my OEGBs were awesome mommas last year.

I've been so dang busy at work, haven't had time to stir the Pond water. :D

X2!

Do they look like Japanese bantams? I had a BO that was a good mama years ago.

Back
Top Bottom