Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The confusing thing to me is that a person will take their own personal, anecdotal evidence as gospel truth. Without a body of research and evidentiary findings, one should begin a statement with "In my own (limited) experience".
Any idea on age of the Canadian prophetess? Seems young, or isolated.
I had a bit of a deal with her yesterday. I think IQ may be a factor.

20180107_172053.jpg

Dang walleye Dylan caught is hardly bigger than his bait......:lau

Man, I want to beat some sense into a woman on FB. She has put heat lamps in her coop against a lot of people's recommendations, and is bragging about how her birds are doing well this way and she's getting eggs and they aren't frozen.

I just want to post saying, have fun when you lose power and all your birds die, lady.
Really?

The confusing thing to me is that a person will take their own personal, anecdotal evidence as gospel truth. Without a body of research and evidentiary findings, one should begin a statement with "In my own (limited) experience".
Any idea on age of the Canadian prophetess? Seems young, or isolated.
I had a bit of a deal with her yesterday. I think IQ may be a factor.

She seems to have no concept that things are different in different places. She said "most equine wormers" to you and then said one specific one. Well, we don't really use that in this country. Most equine wormers here don't use moxidectin like the one she mentioned does. We had a spat coming from that in the goose feeding thread (that she shouldn't have been in to begin with, but I digress) because she kept trying to insist that buying a waterfowl starter would be cheaper than buying chick starter and adding niacin. I told her the cheapest waterfowl starter here is $50 for 50 pounds and she finally stopped.

She has said she is a college student, so 17 or 18 at least if she's not just lying. Some kids lie to make themselves sound older. Wouldn't be surprised if she's 13 or 14 and lying or something.

Last edited:
Man, I want to beat some sense into a woman on FB. She has put heat lamps in her coop against a lot of people's recommendations, and is bragging about how her birds are doing well this way and she's getting eggs and they aren't frozen.

I just want to post saying, have fun when you lose power and all your birds die, lady.
I have heat lamps on my birds..... God I hope my power don't go out cuz if have to start my generator...... But I'm not gonna force my birds to deal with -30s .

I have heat lamps on my birds..... God I hope my power don't go out cuz if have to start my generator...... But I'm not gonna force my birds to deal with -30s .

Yeah, if the power goes out and they are plunged into temps they haven't acclimated to, if the difference is too severe, they go into shock and die, unfortunately.

We've been really cold here and my coops are totally open on the front, entirely wire. No losses and no frostbite here. With wind chill yesterday we were at something crazy like -45 and they all still did fine. Didn't come out of the coop, but they coped.

Thank goodness it's warming up this week.

That, and she seems to have no concept that things are different in different places. She said "most equine wormers" to you and then said Equest specifically. Well, we don't use that in this country. Most equine wormers here don't use moxidectin like Equest does. We had a spat coming from that in the goose feeding thread (that she shouldn't have been in to begin with, but I digress) because she kept trying to insist that buying a waterfowl starter would be cheaper than buying flock raiser and adding niacin. I told her the cheapest waterfowl starter here is $50 for $50 and she finally stopped.

She has said she is a college student, so 17 or 18 at least if she's not just lying. Some kids lie to make themselves sound older. Wouldn't be surprised if she's 14 and lying or something.
Makes more sense now. And her little "I wasn't talking about Equimax" retort smacked of teens or very early 20s. She seemed not to be able to follow what I was trying to say to the OP, and then completely abandoned the thread once I started using big words. :gig (just here, on the pond, I will admit to almost... Almost... throwing an entire lexicon of multi-syllabic terminology her general direction. But then, compassion for the poor OP who is going to have to sift through that pulled me from my maleficious intentions.) :oops::lau

Back
Top Bottom