Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

This is one here as a kitten double for yours.. We named him Bob
017.JPG

Thanks! Its so fun! Kicking off the season right :D I gotta take a vid of em scurrying around. Thinkn about starting my own thread to track this seasons hatchs.

Those things are adorable! I remember your neighbor wanting them. Theyll be great for keeping your grass down, did they neuter them for you?

The buttons had a hard winter :( i was up to like 6 but now im down to a pair. Theyre beautiful though, the hen is a solid white daughter and the same cockbird that i started with :love

:highfive::yesss: im almost there too! In may :) congrats!

Not neutered yet, they are only 3 weeks old. Lisa will help me when the time comes, I’ll do it myself.
Would love to see the buttons if you have pics. And if you start a thread, link it here. I’d hate to miss it, but I don’t get out a whole lot anymore. :p

This is one here as a kitten double for yours.. We named him Bob View attachment 2021433

Oh my gosh, near twins! :highfive:

Last edited:
Not neutered yet, they are only 3 weeks old. Lisa will help me when the time comes, I’ll do it myself.
Would love to see the buttons if you have pics. And if you start a thread, link it here. I’d hate to miss it, but I don’t get out a whole lot anymore. :p

I do have pics but first This ❤❤❤

I do have pics but first This ❤❤❤

:love
they are so teeny tiny, and FAST! What do your kids think of them?

I checked my call duck eggs today, so I could put the chicken eggs in the bator. Only pulled 3 clears of 18 eggs. A couple unsure, I left in.
But I got another egg from my d’Uccle today, so I set 2 eggs from them, along with some cream legbars (possible pure, or fathered by a bantam cochin, if he was able to mate them). And some pure bantam cochin eggs. Those sell well in the spring

Penny, I think you asked what I would do with all those ducks.... I’ll sell what I can as ducklings, maybe keep a few depending on colors. I only have 14 adults now, so a few more might be keepers.

Are you going to dis-bud them as well. There are pluses and minuses for that.

I personally prefer them to be Dis-budded less chance of getting caught in wire.

My four little reprobates would have been more destructive with horns. I had three nigerians and one Pygmy....

Pygmy was like a miniature bull dozer... Every one wants out... "I fix { all of the gates were destroyed and the bases of the chinlink dog kennel panels... Soon as he showed him how to get out they would meet you at the car... :gig

I loved my goaties... but if I have them again it will be cattle panel containment... plus hot wire to keep them back and hot wire to keep the predators back.

deb

Back
Top Bottom