10 x 20.
20221026_131141.jpg
20221026_131157.jpg

New coop is starting to look like one.
10 x 20.
View attachment 3303507View attachment 3303508
Very nice!

Good Evening, Pond!
I hope you all are well. @Pyxis, how are you feeling?

We’re OK here, despite having two sick grandkids visit us last week. Granddaughter just can’t seem to shake whatever it is. She’s had a “quad test” done (I think that’s for Covid, influenza, strep and RSV, but not positive on the last one) and was negative for everything, so she’s been diagnosed with “a miserable virus.”

I’m kicking myself tonight. I accidentally killed one of Betty’s babies. I had a bucket trap set for the hoards of mice that have found their way into the coops. I was putting out bait blocks for two weeks with no obvious results, so I got desperate and set the bucket traps. Tonight when I went to lock them up, Betty was in the rafters with one baby, and I found another in the nest box. I looked and looked for the third one and found it in the bucket. I thought it would be OK, because it was under the nest boxes and there wasn’t much room between the bottom of the nests and the top of the bucket. I was wrong. I took it out of the coop and dumped it. After a week, it only caught two mice. I hate the idea of drowning anything anyway. (But really, which is worse - slowly dying over a period of days from the bait blocks, or in a matter of a couple of minutes?)

I did get the one chick out of the nest box and tucked it in with Mama so I don’t have to worry about it getting too cold.

Not much else happening here on the prairie.

Very nice!

Good Evening, Pond!

We’re OK here, despite having two sick grandkids visit us last week. Granddaughter just can’t seem to shake whatever it is. She’s had a “quad test” done (I think that’s for Covid, influenza, strep and RSV, but not positive on the last one) and was negative for everything, so she’s been diagnosed with “a miserable virus.”

Doing okay. Fever seems to have broken, but I can't shake this darn congestion. I also can't tell if I've lost my sense of smell or not. It seems like it's coming and going, which could be because of the congestion, I supposed.

Very nice!

Good Evening, Pond!

I’m kicking myself tonight. I accidentally killed one of Betty’s babies. I had a bucket trap set for the hoards of mice that have found their way into the coops. I was putting out bait blocks for two weeks with no obvious results, so I got desperate and set the bucket traps. Tonight when I went to lock them up, Betty was in the rafters with one baby, and I found another in the nest box. I looked and looked for the third one and found it in the bucket. I thought it would be OK, because it was under the nest boxes and there wasn’t much room between the bottom of the nests and the top of the bucket. I was wrong. I took it out of the coop and dumped it. After a week, it only caught two mice. I hate the idea of drowning anything anyway. (But really, which is worse - slowly dying over a period of days from the bait blocks, or in a matter of a couple of minutes?)

I did get the one chick out of the nest box and tucked it in with Mama so I don’t have to worry about it getting too cold.

Not much else happening here on the prairie.
:hugs

Doing okay. Fever seems to have broken, but I can't shake this darn congestion. I also can't tell if I've lost my sense of smell or not. It seems like it's coming and going, which could be because of the congestion, I supposed.
Glad you’re doing better! I think if you lost your taste/smell you’d know it. I found it was the weirdest sensation in the world & wasn’t at all how I imagined it would be. I’m hoping yours is just congestion (I said “just” even though I know congested is a nightmare. 🤦‍♀️ Sorry!)

Ponders good morning one and all!

63 cloudy 83% humidity feels like 65 rain 12%.

Hubby's surgery went fine.

The surgeon said it was hard to get the bone out, although it took about an extra hour to remove and get him back to zero alignment.

Got up at 0500 yesterday morning, arrived at hospital at 0900, he was scheduled for 1200 surgery, he did not go to surgery till after 1400, and I didn't get out to come home till almost 1700.

The least I can say is I'm exhausted from yesterday.

I sat in some of the most uncomfortable chairs yesterday to the point that my whole body aches.

I'm very thankful that I put Bridgett in the kennel for a few days.

Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom