Welcome to the Round Table

miss heny

BYC Cryptid
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 30, 2010
Louisville, Mississippi
With how often some threads I been on been derailed by me or others having a friendly healthy discussion I figured I should be productive and make a thread dedicated to this. :D

So the rules are pretty simple, we are all humans and contrary to the site with the tweeting birds have feelings that can be hurt. This thread is for people who want to have genuine dialog about relevant topics like veganism (currently being the hot topic) but open to other tangents. The only thing I am going to say is hard offlimits is Religion unless from the grounds of religious pov on something IE again Veganism and animap welfare.

So lets have fun, learn and end of the day still be friends even if we may disagree. The goal isn't to change a person minds but give them a new perspective. 💜

I'll admit my two braincells are arguing who the one in control atm post service so I may not be functional tonight :th I should add if folks wanna just BS here they can too :caf

With how often some threads I been on been derailed by me or others having a friendly healthy discussion I figured I should be productive and make a thread dedicated to this. :D

So the rules are pretty simple, we are all humans and contrary to the site with the tweeting birds have feelings that can be hurt. This thread is for people who want to have genuine dialog about relevant topics like veganism (currently being the hot topic) but open to other tangents. The only thing I am going to say is hard offlimits is Religion unless from the grounds of religious pov on something IE again Veganism and animap welfare.

So lets have fun, learn and end of the day still be friends even if we may disagree. The goal isn't to change a person minds but give them a new perspective. 💜
Why would veganism be a hot topic? Humans are omnivores, anyone can choose to eat, or not eat, whatever they want.

Why would veganism be a hot topic? Humans are omnivores, anyone can choose to eat, or not eat, whatever they want.
In another thread people were discussing it including myself. Saying pet peeves and talking about why they chose to be vegan, etc. However it was completely off topic to the thread so we were moving it here.

In another thread people were discussing it including myself. Saying pet peeves and talking about why they chose to be vegan, etc. However it was completely off topic to the thread so we were moving it here.
Basically this, you'll be surprised at how strong of opinions being vegan on a chicken forum can spark. I'm not vegan but camp of "you don't attack me for not being vegan and raising my animals I can have respect and enjoy friendly conversations and getting recipes" :idunno

And that is why it turns into a hot topic: some people are not willing to accept that others make different choices than they do. When someone is convinced that their choices are right for everyone else too, the situation can get uncomfortable quite easily.

I have to admit I laughed at my phone reading more on this forum about vegans/vegetarian than anywhere else I have ever been. The irony of keeping and eating chickens/eggs brought me to a place that I could read about vegans and vegetarians 😂
Vegetarians can eat eggs (some will). I actually used to be vegan, but it was difficult for me to maintain and I had a lot of nutritional deficiencies. I think some people keep chickens to make sure the eggs they eat come from well-treated hens. I am super-selective about where I get meat. Found a few farms I will buy from to supplement my plant-based diet.

Back
Top Bottom