Welsh Harlequin Duck Hatching Eggs

Smiles-N-Sunshine

Crowing
14 Years
Oct 19, 2008
Palominas, Arizona
Hi Everyone,

I have an abundance of hatching eggs from my Welsh Harlequin ducks. I have a load in my incubator now, and 50 out of 56 appeared fertile when I candled them at 7 days. The parents are good looking (to me) young 7-month-olds of Metzer stock.

I'm interested in adding "mail order hatching egg sales" to my hobby farm's list of goods and services, but I've never done this before. I've bought hatching eggs myself off ebay etc, and know there are right ways and wrong ways to do this. I thrive on customer feedback, generally.

So, because this is a learning thing for me, I'm offering them at the cost of USPS shipping only, with a string attached - you agree to provide robust, honest, and super nit-picky feedback about the packaging, shipping, fertility, and overall quality. Please DM me if you're interested.

Thanks! Bryan

Hi Everyone,

I have an abundance of hatching eggs from my Welsh Harlequin ducks. I have a load in my incubator now, and 50 out of 56 appeared fertile when I candled them at 7 days. The parents are good looking (to me) young 7-month-olds of Metzer stock.

I'm interested in adding "mail order hatching egg sales" to my hobby farm's list of goods and services, but I've never done this before. I've bought hatching eggs myself off ebay etc, and know there are right ways and wrong ways to do this. I thrive on customer feedback, generally.

So, because this is a learning thing for me, I'm offering them at the cost of USPS shipping only, with a string attached - you agree to provide robust, honest, and super nit-picky feedback about the packaging, shipping, fertility, and overall quality. Please DM me if you're interested.

Thanks! Bryan
I'd love some! We raise WH ducks and have stock from 3 sources, none of which are Metzer. I was planning to hatch more this month anyway. :)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks! Brya
Hi Everyone,

Thanks! Bryan
Hi Everyone,

Thanks! Bryan
Please contact me [email protected] for purchasing hatching eggs, with a full hatching report upon hatch day!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks! Bryan
How did it go? Do you have eggs now, and are you shipping?

Hi GypsyV! That particular hatch was disappointing, with many late quitters. I then had two very good hatches, so I think the young age of the parents was the main problem. The ducklings that did hatch have been wonderful.

Right now I'm focused on meeting the demand for table eggs at my farmers market, at which I'm the only egg vendor and sell out in the first hour or two. My plan is to offer hatching eggs... soon? I hesitate to commit to anything, because among other factors, I can't control when the chickens and quails will crank up their springtime production. (Saying "pretty please with sugar on top" hasn't been effective.)

Please message me if you'd like to be added to the wait list.

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for not "officially* closing this out before. I received *AWESOME* feedback from BYCers and I think I have the hatching egg shipping process down. So, no more freebies. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom