What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Well, that’s definitely its origin story, but they’re bred to the same standard and have been for a long time. There are definitely people that refuse to recognise partridge or even buff, but it’s controversial and you can sometimes get kicked out of groups for saying PCs aren’t actually Chanteclers. :oops:
I'm actually getting buffs since they're less likely to get predated than the whites. That being said, I have White eggs in the incubator (got them at auction), but only 5 out of the 12 developed.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans!

I'm actually getting buffs since they're less likely to get predated than the whites. That being said, I have White eggs in the incubator (got them at auction), but only 5 out of the 12 developed.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled shenanigans!
I kept the buff bantams mainly, and was hoping to help the LF variety in their bid for APA recognition. Sadly, life got in the way.

"Avocado pits and skins are toxic to chickens as they contain a toxin called persin. The flesh of the avocado is fine for chickens."
Oh, well I guess I learned that wrong😬 Many many websites have said that avocadoes in general are toxic to chickens. Like, every part of the avocado. But, I didn't rely on one source, I actually read that on several sites. Let me tell you, a lot of websites are feeding chicken keepers wrong information😕 Thanks for correcting me though ☺️

Probably about the same thing, except the flesh of the avocado might be more like the fruit of the tomato: completely safe, even though some other parts of the plant are not as safe (but still not deadly in some quantities, as the chickens themselves showed.)
One time I went to this farm and they had absolutely no idea about proper treats for chickens, and they were feeding them full-on pizza crusts. Now, I really doubt that any site says that you are allowed to feed your chickens pizza crusts!!!

One time I went to this farm and they had absolutely no idea about proper treats for chickens, and they were feeding them full-on pizza crusts. Now, I really doubt that any site says that you are allowed to feed your chickens pizza crusts!!!
Ooops - mine love pizza crusts. They would honestly love the whole pizza but there isn't usually any left over.
I soak stale pizza crust and any stale bread in milk to soften it up a bit to make it easier to eat.
:oops:

Last edited:
Or one website says chicken A is aggressive and another site says chicken A is docile.
It’s can be intimidating! And scary, and confusing!
Yes...It can be all the above! I've found that websites stereotype/generalize chicken breeds a lot. For instance, a lot of sites say "easter eggers are the friendliest breed out there, they LOVE to cuddle."
Haha. I wish. My easter egger is the most skittish flightiest chicken I have. Each chicken has their own personality, just like us humans, as we all know, but a lot of websites just don't seem to grasp that fact. They just keep on generalizing chicken breeds. Does anyone agree with me???? Do any of you have a chicken breed that doesn't match the stereotype?

Back
Top Bottom