What age do Pekin Ducks start laying eggs

I got Pekin ducks not to long ago, but they have all of their adult feathers, and I think they are 3-4 months old... anyways, they have not started laying. They are very pampered since half of them died ( we are very new to ducks.) Do they lay the same age as chickens?:confused:

I got 3 Pekins and 3 Royal Palm turkeys this spring. They all run free with my dozen or so chickens. Now someone just laid a whopper of an egg on the floor of the coop in a shallow nest. How would I know if a duck did this, or one of the turkeys?? Set in there and watch all day??
I was also told male Pekin ducks have a "drake feather" which I don't see on any of the three but there is one who is actively humping the others. Do I really have one boy in the mix or just a crazy little female??

Last edited:
All my drakes do have the curled feather and they all have very low whispery voices. The voice is the initial way I sex mine because the feather takes a while to show up. Females will try to mate other females when their hormones kick in. If they are all quacking they are most likely all females.

Back
Top Bottom