What are some books I should invest in?

Stellar

The Quail Lady
14 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
I am a quail lady as you see but I got hooked folks, HOOKED! Other than your amazing info I am browsing here, are there any books or journals recommended for pigeon keeping, genetics, nutrition. Yes, I am wanting doves too now!

"The Pigeon", by Levi. A very big, thick, and kind of expensive book, but the information in it is vast. Should still be in print.

Also, theres a magazine out called Purebred Pigeon. It usually only focuses on one breed per issue.

Used to be a really good rag called The American Pigeon Journal too.. if you can get your hands on any of them, they're good reading. It came out once every 2 months if I remember right, and was just full of submitted articles about everything from different breeds, feeding, genetics, artificial insemination, racing, rolling.....everything related to pigeons. Sadly, it went out of print in the 90s I believe.

I've often thought about trying to get enough articles and interest together to try to get that periodical back up again.

Last edited:
I joined a club and have checked out quite a few books. I agree with cameron about The Pigeon by Wendell M. Levi. It all depends on what you are willing to invest and how advanced you want the book to be. Pigeons by Mathew M. Vriends and Tommy E. Erskine is a great litttle book however it doesn't mention genetics.

Go To Npausa.com The National Pigeon Assn.website There Are Links To Clubs There The National Pigeon Assn. Grand National Is In Lakeland Fl. In January. Great Show And Place To Meet Locals See Many Breeds And The Vendors Of Supplies

Back
Top Bottom