What are the quirkiest breeds/chickens you've owned? Please share!

thatbeechick

Chirping
Aug 27, 2019
Australia (VIC)
So I got one random Silver Campine egg sent to me in a fertile lot of black copper marans. It hatched. The resulting bird is the most chatty, stubborn, hilarious little thing I've ever experienced! What are some really weird experiences you've had with chicken temperaments? What were they, and what breed/s were involved? I'm curious now! Here's my little weirdo.

Last edited:
This is one of my Bantam Polish (Joan). It flies over fencing all day and doesn't eat chicken feed, it prefers grass and bugs.

Currently she's stuck in the duck pen because she flew over the fence and is too spastic to let me get her so she can be with her sister. Instead she would rather run along the fence frantically then gets distracted every once in a while by a wasp. Chicken ADHD... The struggle is real
20190811_190306.jpg

This is one of my Bantam Polish (Joan). It flies over fencing all day and doesn't eat chicken feed, it prefers grass and bugs.

Currently she's stuck in the duck pen because she flew over the fence and is too spastic to let me get her so she can be with her sister. Instead she would rather run along the fence frantically then gets distracted every once in a while by a wasp. Chicken ADHD... The struggle is real
View attachment 1909325
Haha I love her!

My buff silkie bantam, Justice, whenever I get near her coop she bends down with her butt in the air and her head and neck on the ground, then when i'm out of the coop she walks to the door in that position and then goes to eat, in fixed position. When she is finished eating she runs around the coop.

My buff silkie bantam, Justice, whenever I get near her coop she bends down with her butt in the air and her head and neck on the ground, then when i'm out of the coop she walks to the door in that position and then goes to eat, in fixed position. When she is finished eating she runs around the coop.
Haha omg what a goofball!

Back
Top Bottom