What are we? #3

Chickfever

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
Southwest VA
These are of the Barred Rock, RIR, and Buff Orpingtons I bought last week. Any clue as to what each mix might be would be helpful. Also, any clue as to m/f would be great too. I'm hoping I have some true BO in here somewhere....

100_1131.jpg

100_1129.jpg

100_1125.jpg

100_1124.jpg

100_1123.jpg

The one in front is the lady posing in the other post. What about the one in back? And what is the likelihood anyone would get a pic of a fly in flight??
roll.png
Leave it to me....
100_1122.jpg

Oh, and about the dates....I put new batteries in and didn't take the time to fix the date
smile.png
. I was being "commanded" to let everyone out this morning.

Well, those to me do not look like pure RIRs. I see odd colored legs on at least one and weird colored feathers as well. Are all the red chicks supposed to be RIRs? If so, I believe they are not. The Buff Orp appears to have pinky legs, which is correct for that breed.

Your buff orps are the gold or light buff colored chickens with white legs...I see alot of RIRs or mixs..1st pic looks like a pullet...2nd pic I see what looks like a roo on the left but he has white legs so maybe a mix of rir and orp and then a pullet with maybe barred rock in her....3rd pic I see a roo to the left and one under the boards..the rest look pullet..4th pic rir pullets...5th buff orp or mixed with rir, can't tell if its a roo or pullet...last pic looks to be a pullet in front but can't tell if they are mixed with buff and rir or pure...Best I can do...it's hard to tell when they have mixs in them what the breed combo is....you might get lots of opinions!!...lol

Got to add: love the fly in flight!!

Last edited:
Ugh! Way too many roos
sad.png

No, all of them could be mixes for all I know. The lady I bought them from had barred rocks, RIRs, and BOs in the same pen so she had no idea what they are. I was just hoping some of them came out 100% BO and RIR (no BR roo).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom