What are you canning now?

"Only" $2 each? How much are regular canning jars there? Here, they usually sell for $8-$10 for a case of 12 with rings and lids
I was going to say that most places around here they are $8 for a case but you beat me to it as I read this and had to run out for a bit and didn't get back on here till now.

Well since I just joined the site a few days ago I will answer the question by saying what I canned over the summer.....
big_smile.png
We try to grow most of our produce as that we don't like the chemicals they use on the ones you buy in the store. Plus they just taste better fresh. So far this year.....

60 qts of tomatoes, 10 qts of salsa, 20 qts of banana peppers, 15 qts pickles (10 bread & butter - 5 dill). We have 2 freezers so we just froze our greenbeans, peas, corn, red & green bell peppers, and squash. As far as our fall crop we have only canned 12 pints of chow chow.

Been working my way around and only getting lost in some threads every now and then. LOL Such a great site with so much to read. Was just lost in the homesteaders thread for the last 2 hours reading.
lol.png
I am sure I will make my way around to all the threads slowly but surely.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom