What are your Spring 2021 hatching plans?

Pics
I’m hatching for the first time this year! I think I will be using the Harris Farms NR360... I was also looking at the Brinsea Maxi 2, but it’s twice the price and the reviews for both machines seem about even 🤷🏼‍♀️

We will also be buying some live chicks after we see how many hatch. We currently have 9 hens and want to bring our flock to 24... so we’ll have to get at least 3, even if we have a 100% hatch rate.

Ordered our hatching eggs from Highland Homestead, and will likely buy live chicks from our local farm supply store(Coastal Farm and Ranch). The eggs I ordered will be blues, sages, olives, and Marans. Will buy white or Tan layers. I like a diverse flock, breeds and egg color. Our current flock contains: Silver laced Wyandotte, buff Orpington, white Leghorn, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, and Dominant Coppers... all 15birds we add this year will be new breeds to us!

I’m hatching for the first time this year! I think I will be using the Harris Farms NR360... I was also looking at the Brinsea Maxi 2, but it’s twice the price and the reviews for both machines seem about even 🤷🏼‍♀️

We will also be buying some live chicks after we see how many hatch. We currently have 9 hens and want to bring our flock to 24... so we’ll have to get at least 3, even if we have a 100% hatch rate.

Ordered our hatching eggs from Highland Homestead, and will likely buy live chicks from our local farm supply store(Coastal Farm and Ranch). The eggs I ordered will be blues, sages, olives, and Marans. Will buy white or Tan layers. I like a diverse flock, breeds and egg color. Our current flock contains: Silver laced Wyandotte, buff Orpington, white Leghorn, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, and Dominant Coppers... all 15birds we add this year will be new breeds to us!
I have 24!

We'll be in hopes of our welp slow grow laying eggs by or in april so that we can hatch our own meaties.. Still haven't decided what brand of bator to buy though..

I’m going to be putting Kkaki Campbell duck eggs in the incubator and buy some runners and pekin and Cayuga !! (Hopefully) I will also be selling hatching eggs and baby ducklings! I can’t wait for spring!!

I almost definitely shouldn't but I want to hatch some Showgirls and some Sizzles!
I also REALLY want a Turkey and some Sebastopol geese.......definitely not going to fit in my little Brinsea Mini II though so sadly I'll have to go incubator shopping as well 😅

Back
Top Bottom