What breed are these bantams?

MarshaB

In the Brooder
May 8, 2024
I have 2 bantams that are about 2 months old, purchased from a farm store. Their base color is chestnut and they have bars similar to a Plymouth Rock. They have regular feeling feathers and booted feet, but are kind of shaped like a silkie. Probably just a mix. Any suggestions on breed?
IMG_20240508_151819091.jpg
IMG_20240508_151824534_HDR.jpg

I have 2 bantams that are about 2 months old, purchased from a farm store. Their base color is chestnut and they have bars similar to a Plymouth Rock. They have regular feeling feathers and booted feet, but are kind of shaped like a silkie. Probably just a mix. Any suggestions on breed?View attachment 3825824View attachment 3825825
Probably Partridge Cochin Bantam.

When farm stores have a "bantam mix" it usually means that the bin has chicks of many different bantam breeds, but each chick is just one breed or another. So there might be a Cochin and a Silkie and an Old English Game Bantam and so forth.

Probably Partridge Cochin Bantam.

When farm stores have a "bantam mix" it usually means that the bin has chicks of many different bantam breeds, but each chick is just one breed or another. So there might be a Cochin and a Silkie and an Old English Game Bantam and so forth.
I figured it was a Cochin bantam, but never having them before threw me along with the coloring. I've had silkies, mille fluer, seabrights and others. I like to mix the little ones in for color and I don't mind the small eggs, it just takes more. I keep full size for eggs to sell. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom