Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
Photo_031607_019.jpg

Photo_031607_014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
They are being kept in the dog kennel, just for the moment. He is beautiful, but MEAN!!!!!! I am in the process of building their pen. I did my Silkies cage first. They will have new digs in no time.

I have no idea. The first picture should have the caption
"All bow down before me, the great god rooster!"
Is he a real dictator to his ladies? He is a beautiful bird tho.

yuckyuck.gif
:lol: THAT'S SO FUNNY!!!!!!!! They are taking a dust bath and he's watching every move that I make. I have to carry a bat around when they are out to keep him from charging me. He is a great roo to his ladies. He's so great to them.

I can't be too upset with him, he was a rescue. As were the two Leghorn hens! Taken right out of the battery cage! I don't hit him with the bat it's just for protection. I turned my back on him one day and he buried his 2 1/2" spurs into the back of my leg three times!
barnie.gif
I was too close to his girls. The girls that I gave him. LOL

He is fine with the 95lb Lab that keeps things clear for him. He doesn't like people. He's good to the hens and I have fertile eggs now. I'm sure he'll die of old age with the mixed breed girls.
I keep the bat near the coop and he keeps his spurs to himself. Plus, I won't ever turn my back on him again!

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:
southernchick - This is too funny - I think I have the same roo! I was told he was a Red Sex Link Leghorn, so that may help you. Just a regular roo, nothing fancy. But I have gotten a lot of comments that he's pretty, and large. But I don't think too many people are used to seeing an 'old' rooster. I've had him for two years.

I have to move soon and can't take him with me, so I'm looking for a new home for him. If everything works out, he'll be out on a farm taking care of some new ladies by the weekend. I just need to talk on the phone with the lady one more time and drive him up.

Thom2.jpg

Thom3.jpg

Thom1.jpg

and as a baby...
AAA012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom