MrsLarson

Chirping
May 20, 2020
We got this little gray girl on May 19, 2020 from Murray McMurray Hatchery in a group of assorted layers. Can anybody help me identify her breed?

2020-05-21 10.48.20.jpg

These pics were taken this morning, 05/ 21/2020. She is about 3 to 5 days old. It looks like her legs might be turning gray.

Thank you.šŸ˜Š

Looking at what McMurray carries, I would say Blue Andalusian. They also carry two new breeds/breed mixes that are clean legged. I am not familiar with them, but they are called the Whiting True Blue and the Sapphire Rock. The Whitings don't have a set color variety that breeds true it seems, but blue is a possibility and from pictures that I can find, they often have a pea comb or modified pea comb and lay blue eggs.The Sapphire Rock on the other hand, has a single comb and a much heavier body type than an Andalusian along with red earlobes and lays brown eggs in contrast to white earlobes/ eggs of an Andalusian. Could you take a closer picture of the comb? This may be a bit of a waiting game lol

Looking at what McMurray carries, I would say Blue Andalusian. They also carry two new breeds/breed mixes that are clean legged. I am not familiar with them, but they are called the Whiting True Blue and the Sapphire Rock. The Whitings don't have a set color variety that breeds true it seems, but blue is a possibility and from pictures that I can find, they often have a pea comb or modified pea comb and lay blue eggs.The Sapphire Rock on the other hand, has a single comb and a much heavier body type than an Andalusian along with red earlobes and lays brown eggs in contrast to white earlobes/ eggs of an Andalusian. Could you take a closer picture of the comb? This may be a bit of a waiting game lol
Here's 2 pics of comb. Not the best, but I tried.
20200521_131029.jpg

20200521_131032.jpg

I didnt take any close up pics of my BLRW's and I didnt pay attention to their combs. Mine are just over 6 weeks old. One of the light grey chicks is a rooster. His red comb and wattles are prominent.
I forgot to add that he was trying to crow the other day in response to my big Buff Leghorn rooster.
It was a funny little squeaky crow that had me laughing lol.

Back
Top Bottom