What breed of chicken lays speckled green eggs?

Couldn't find any pictures and because they haven't talked in at least 2-3 years he doesn't want to randomly ask him about his chickens so we're left in the dark
1f629.png
He said it could've been Easter effects when I showed him the eggs but who knows lol if anyone ever runs across a possibly crested chicken that consistently lays speckled green eggs let me know
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Thank you all! If we ever get the opportunity we'll have to get some and see if that's what he's thinking of!

They would have had to have been a mix. Your best shot at recreating a speckled green egg would be to put a quality welsummer(medium-dark brown speckled eggs) rooster over some Easter eggers(usually green, sometimes blue eggs), if crests are absolutely necessary you can use cream legbar(blue, sometimes green eggs) hens although they're much more expensive than Easter eggers. My mom has dark green speckled eggs from an Easter egger welsummer cross.
Best wishes.

If crests are absolutely necessary yes.. in my area Easter egger pullet chicks (day old) go for less than $4.. cream Legbar pullet day old chicks, more like $15-20+ each! How bad do you want crests?
1f60a.png

Yes, he said the bird that his friend had was crested, so that is why I mentioned the Cream Legbar.

Since Cream Legbars are autosexing, you do pay more but at least you know what you're ending up with :)

My SO is trying to figure out what kind of chickens an old friend of his had. All he remembers is they laid speckled green egg about bantam sized. Thanks in advance.

I have something similar in a large fowl chicken, but since most large fowls have bantam counterparts here is a possibility. My welsummers lay speckled terra cotta eggs. I crossed a cream legbar roo with welsummer hens to get olive eggers and many of them lay speckled olive eggs. The welsummer speckling seems to have come down through two generations. Bred back to a blue egg layer you will get more of a green egg but the speckling may continue. The cream legbar contributed the crest. If you are just concerned with the egg color any blue egg layer will do, I've used Ameraucanas and Easter eggers. While other breeds may lay speckled eggs only the welsummers have done so consistently for me along with an occasional blue splash marans.
Just use bantams or use a bantam roo with a small large sized fowl and you will have smaller or bantam birds.
Other people may use different combos to achieve the same results.

Thank you guys, I'm gonna show him some pictures and see if he likes them/thinks that's what they are!
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom