What breed of rooster is this?

AlineD

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Wyoming

Probably a "mutt," but I'm thinking maybe Welsummer? But it has more of a pea comb....

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with Olive Egger on this one - pea comb and beard indicate Easter Egger or Ameraucana ancestry, yellow legs and BBR coloration have me thinking he may indeed be some sort of Welsummer-based Olive Egger.

Last edited:
Yes, I see what you mean-- I noticed the pea comb, but wasn't paying attention to the beard. Cool. Thanks!

He's pretty, skittish, but not aggressive at all so far. He barely crows, and I haven't seen him try to mount a hen yet. He's about 6 months old, but no real spurs yet. He's our first rooster and I'm not sure what to expect. I don't know what is typical for a rooster, but he seems to be a late bloomer. Or is that typical for a rooster?

He's pretty, skittish, but not aggressive at all so far. He barely crows, and I haven't seen him try to mount a hen yet. He's about 6 months old, but no real spurs yet. He's our first rooster and I'm not sure what to expect. I don't know what is typical for a rooster, but he seems to be a late bloomer. Or is that typical for a rooster?

Don't worry that is normal. My rooster is a little bit older and only found his voice a couple of weeks ago and is only fertilising one hen at the moment... I'm sure he is fine! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom