What color will their chicks be!!

Eliza_oegb

Hatching
Mar 18, 2024
Hello yall! Im just here wondering if I should purchase a little Aztec rooster to pair up for my nakedneck Aztec hen! However the owner is asking an awful lot for him but im really interested at the same time..
Im just wondering what would be the outcome of their chicks? They are pretty much the same color. Any color theories of what their chicks could turn out like? Thanks!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    798.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello yall! Im just here wondering if I should purchase a little Aztec rooster to pair up for my nakedneck Aztec hen! However the owner is asking an awful lot for him but im really interested at the same time..
Im just wondering what would be the outcome of their chicks? They are pretty much the same color. Any color theories of what their chicks could turn out like? Thanks!!!!

I would expect many of their chicks to be white, but up to about 1/4 of their chicks might be black or some other color (not sure what other color, just that there is some chance of not-white and not-black.)

I am making some assumptions about what genes are causing their colors. If I made the wrong assumptions, my predictions could be wrong. (For example, a different set of assumptions would lead to half of chicks being white, and the other half being blue. But I think that is less likely.)

Back
Top Bottom