What colors are these silkies?

ChloeSilkie08

Crowing
Sep 10, 2020
Arkansas
I’m so confused what these are. Idk if these were “fathered” by my paint, recessive white, or splash rooster but I have these hens:
Black
Buff
Recessive White
Weird red pyle color
Splash
Paint

Attachments

• 549B8D92-10D8-4790-A0A1-47F628C296F7.jpeg
    549B8D92-10D8-4790-A0A1-47F628C296F7.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1BA5C6AD-CFC2-4434-9053-960FD4D85B44.jpeg
    1BA5C6AD-CFC2-4434-9053-960FD4D85B44.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 7
  • AC0AB6CF-4E71-44FB-8DFC-74665AEB637B.jpeg
    AC0AB6CF-4E71-44FB-8DFC-74665AEB637B.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 7
Aww what cuties! I doubt they are from the paint boy or girl anyway. At the very least they are not displaying any dominant white from what I can see. The first and last look like they are diluted by blue probably but have something else going on as well. If I had to guess I'd say they might end up kind of close to blue or splash partridge. The middle baby looks like it could be silver based recessive white or maybe splash. It's hard to guess though when they come from a flock with multiple different colors. When they've feathered in a bit it might be easier to guess at color. I know we have some real genetic experts on site too though so maybe they can give a more educated guess! 😊

Aww what cuties! I doubt they are from the paint boy or girl anyway. At the very least they are not displaying any dominant white from what I can see. The first and last look like they are diluted by blue probably but have something else going on as well. If I had to guess I'd say they might end up kind of close to blue or splash partridge. The middle baby looks like it could be silver based recessive white or maybe splash. It's hard to guess though when they come from a flock with multiple different colors. When they've feathered in a bit it might be easier to guess at color. I know we have some real genetic experts on site too though so maybe they can give a more educated guess! 😊
Thank you! Sadly they are sold to one of my customers so I can’t see what they end up being. I was going to keep the one with the spot if people thought it was a blue paint.

Thank you! Sadly they are sold to one of my customers so I can’t see what they end up being. I was going to keep the one with the spot if people thought it was a blue paint.

Ah I see, well I'm sure whatever color they are they'll be adorable and fun for the new owner to watch grow out. 🥰

I'm pretty positive the one with the blue spot on the head isn't a blue paint. In my experience the dominant white parts look the same in black and blue paints (so very yellow/white with spots). The spots on the blue paints are the only thing that really changes in blue vs black based. The blue paints spots can range from looking black to a very light blue. 😊

Oh and editing to add if you'd like to aim for blue paints your paint boy over your splash girl or splash boy over your paint girl should give you a good chance at some. Any paint chicks resulting from this pairing will be blue based so blue paints. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ah I see, well I'm sure whatever color they are they'll be adorable and fun for the new owner to watch grow out. 🥰

I'm pretty positive the one with the blue spot on the head isn't a blue paint. In my experience the dominant white parts look the same in black and blue paints (so very yellow/white with spots). The spots on the blue paints are the only thing that really changes in blue vs black based. The blue paints spots can range from looking black to a very light blue. 😊

Oh and editing to add if you'd like to aim for blue paints your paint boy over your splash girl or splash boy over your paint girl should give you a good chance at some. Any paint chicks resulting from this pairing will be blue based so blue paints. :)
That’s what I thought! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom