What did you do in the garden today?

View attachment 1424679

@cavemanrich
Is this what you call Rose of Sharon? Aka hibiscus?
The Rose of Sharon is in the Hibiscus Family. This is the variety I have.
rose-of-sharon-blooms-400x250.jpg

The one in your cart is a Hibiscus, and sometimes called Chinese Rose by some peeps in my area.(there is a specific name for it, but I don't have it off hand) It is widely available everywhere around me. It is a plant that will not tolerate cold winter outdoors. I had these in the past and kept them outdoors in summer, and indoors during winter. Lived for many years. I do have another Hibiscus variety in my flower bed that does winter over in the ground. It is a plant that grows new stalks each year. They are not of the woody type like the other Hibiscus as in your cart.
There are so many different varieties of Hibiscus. :th
I found this interesting Youtube video of someone with 17 different varieties in their garden.

Came home and apparently there was a huge storm at home Saturday night and storm when I got home yesterday evening and went to look at the garden this morning and it’s storm ravished!! I’ve got peppers and tomatoes down cukes got ripped off trellises potatoes down. I thought after almost a week of dry weather the storms were done.

Came home and apparently there was a huge storm at home Saturday night and storm when I got home yesterday evening and went to look at the garden this morning and it’s storm ravished!! I’ve got peppers and tomatoes down cukes got ripped off trellises potatoes down. I thought after almost a week of dry weather the storms were done.
Oh no! I hope you can save some of your hard work!

I'm so sorry. I too hope you can save some of your work!

Watered again today, could swear the grapes were wilting in the heat yesterday. Everything is showing heat stress and I'm wondering if I should pull the watermelon. Heat warnings coming and monsoons possible. It's going to get miserable out there in a hurry.
Planning trips out to refresh mud puddles and freezing some greens for the girls as a treat later.

I've been paying much more attention to weather in different parts of the country since joining this thread. For those of you that are water logged I hope you dry out soon! For those in the heat, stay cool!

Back
Top Bottom