What did you do in the garden today?

I had intended to keep working till I was 72, I had a good job with great benefits and a 40% match on my 401k. Then I started thinking about my dad who worked hard his whole life and never got to retire till his health crashed and burned. I retired at 66 and we moved to a place with a much lower cost of living and while we don't live like kings, we are comfortable and live in a vacation paradise. Don't wait till your health prevents enjoying your life. :old
I’ve already decided to go at 30 years (more than halfway there!) when I hit 55, and “work” on the family farm full time after. Farming to me isn’t work, it’s relaxing and fun. Even picking weeds & shoveling compost. Will have lots of down time in the winter that way. I’d miss the plants & animals too much if I quit everything when I retire. But not a second longer at my regular job.

:lol: when the guy came, he had a fit. My clean out is waaaay away from the house.
I have a few pictures, but not enough to really know.
View attachment 2771703
Your clean out should be close to the house. Not the opening to the tank where you would pump the tank itself. A "lid" for the drain pipe.
I do not have a green area leading to it. With so many ruts in my yard, I only think I know where the drain field is. I could try poking there.
Not a green trail. More like a green or even wet patch where the tank drains.

What's a clesnout ?? 😂
That would be a really handy thing to have glow in dark too! Maybe a solar light by it for sure.
Lol. A cap in a pipe that can be removed to clean out a blockage. There supposed to always be one in a main drain line (at least by building code in most areas).

In 2017, Rotarooter came, and cleaned the tank. Now I can’t find the tank. The wood circle that covered the metal one was broken by the guy (accidentally of course), so only part of it was laid back down. I just can’t figure out where it is! I tried calling them, but they no longer service my area, so they said it’s not their problem. HOW DO I FIND IT?

Depending on your state laws, a plat marking your septic is likely filed with your state health department. In Arkansas, unless you are building on a plot of land larger than 10 acres (in which case you are exempt), then you are required to file for a septic permit. My house was built in the late 80s. If I didn't know where my septic was located, I could look up the permit application which should show the tank and location of the field lines.

Back
Top Bottom