What did you do in the garden today?

And I tried to get my burn pile to lite. But after 6 days worth of newspapers and some brown paper packing material, I decided it was just too wet. The part of the pile I was trying to start was 2 yrs old, so not green wood.

I just burned a big bag full of kitchen/house waste this afternoon. Here is what I use as a match....

1710121999907.png

Usually gets everything started. But it is always best to have some dry material to start the fire going.

I need to find a replacement cover for mine. It inadvertently got left outside through the winter and the weather destroyed the plastic. 🙄

I don't know if they make replacement covers for those mini-greenhouse shelfs. Never seen them in the store. But you could probably make a cover out of heavy clear plastic.

EDIT: Found this replacement cover on Amazon...

1710122725702.png

Last edited:
My strawberry crowns arrived yesterday as well as the hanger poles. Youngest grand daughter helped make a soil mix and plant 2 of the hanging bags. I’m testing the pole now with equal weighted bags to see how the pole stands up against the March winds. I also filled 2 racks of seed starting cups with dirt for the next round of seeds. I did get 2 roof panels off the old chicken run. A third is hanging on by one stripped out screw. I’ll detach it with a pry bar once the wind dies down on Tuesday maybe. Lol!View attachment 3768746
Ok those are cool just texted hubby. Hopefully I can get him to order them. Those might work awesome in the backyard

Question: Anyone use a grow tent to start your transplants? Is it worth the money?
I think that depends on your location and the length of your growing season. It’s not worth it here because our season is long and it’s easier to just plant right in the ground. In your area it may be, but man they’re expensive!

G’morning all. I’m sad to read about all the damage some of you have; our weather has been pretty crazy. I didn’t do anything outside this weekend. The teenager fell at school and his arm was hurting pretty bad. Yesterday he went to NASCAR with his mom for his birthday. I guess the good news is the work will still be there when we get around to it. I have the broody some chicks, one didn’t make it so we have just 2. I’m good with that. It was storming and I found a heads up penny on my way to get them, so we have Stormy and Lucky. I don’t have pics yet, mama is protective and meaner than a junkyard dog. I did notice that the two chaste trees that were bare now have wee green leaves on them so they’ve all survived the winter. Super happy about that, they’ll provide some good shade out there when they grow up. That’s about it for me, have a great day all.

A little too early to tell, I need to heal from the actual surgery before I put the new device to the test! But so far so good. Thanks for asking. ❤️

Woke up to snow on the ground. 🤨
Hoping for the best for you then! I don’t have your issues but my husband did and I remember how miserable he was.

Back
Top Bottom