What did you do in the garden today?

@gtaus , this works just fine for me. Water the seed starting pots and the runoff wicks upward for a day or two. When the tray is dry and the soil mix feels slightly dry on top, I repeat the process. Sometimes, instead of watering from top down I'll pour water into the tray. Simple and next to no cost is the best choice for me.

View attachment 3810312
Are those styro trays?

Are those styro trays?
Yes they are. I save styro meat trays from the store, and I bought this pack of 30 trays at Dollar General for a dollar. I'm set for life for foam trays. LOL

IMG_3409.JPG

Ok off topic question...so I donated some stuff yesterday & went inside, saw this for $2. Thought, ok cute, I can use it to cover pie. We usually bake the smaller pies. They had it masking taped together so I didn't open it. So I get it home...& it is just the exact size of the pie, so no, can't use it to cover the pie. Not big enough to rise dough, either.

My question is...what the heck is thing supposed to be used for anyway? Any suggestions?

View attachment 3810248View attachment 3810245View attachment 3810244View attachment 3810247

DH thinks I only bought it cuz a rooster was inside, lol, but no it was taped shut, didn't see Mr. Roo til I got home. Looks like Mr. Roo depicted there may be an alcoholic. 😆 So what's this thing for? Covering sliced fruit wedges for drinks? We need a better use for it than that! Give me ideas!
I wonder if that thing is oven proof? Maybe it could be used like a dutch oven for baking bread????

https://www.theperfectloaf.com/how-to-bake-bread-in-a-dutch-oven/

I wonder if that thing is oven proof? Maybe it could be used like a dutch oven for baking bread????

https://www.theperfectloaf.com/how-to-bake-bread-in-a-dutch-oven/
Yum, that looks good. I have a cast iron Lodge dutch oven I can use for baking.

This little thing is more for looks I guess, not oven safe. I could use it for rising a small dough ball. Rick likes to set some things on the counter top to get at room temperature, so this could be used for that, as protection from the rare but occasional airborne to contend with...fruit fly or those tiny moths from bird seed.

Last edited:
@gtaus , this works just fine for me. Water the seed starting pots and the runoff wicks upward for a day or two. When the tray is dry and the soil mix feels slightly dry on top, I repeat the process. Sometimes, instead of watering from top down I'll pour water into the tray. Simple and next to no cost is the best choice for me.

View attachment 3810312

Yeah, basically what I do as well, except I use the 3-inch net pots with the slits. Like you said, simple and no cost for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom