What did you do in the garden today?

From our mushroom hunting trip in 2022. I didn't get to go last year because my mom passed away.

20220513_142746.jpg

Trying to take it a little easier today. I noticed the wind blowing the cover on the peach tree around so I removed it. Except cor the buds and blooms that were knocked off by the cover the tree has seemed to do well through last night’s freeze. One more night of frost before warmer temps move in. There are a lot of open blossoms and unopened buds that should provide a good harvest. I watered the sugar snap peas that are emerging along with the asparagus, kale and radishes. Since I ran my errands earlier today I should be able to get back to working on the old chicken coop cleaning and repairs tomorrow. There are enough pea plants up so I can plant the lettuce starts between the rows.
Wow! I think I have like 5-10 flowers left on my tree after having to cover it at just the wrong time. :hit

Watered tonight. Tomorrow so much is going in the ground! :wee

The robins.
Definitely could be... I think it was my buff Orpingtons as the guilty culprit this evening. They are the only ones who venture that far and there was chicken poop on the far side of the hoop house so it's not a stretch to think they sauntered over to that side of the garden. However I've noticed the straw tossed about even when the chickens have been locked in so I know it isn't just them.

I had to replant about half a dozen seedlings that they pulled out of the ground in their Scratch-fest. Hopefully they will recover!

Wow! I think I have like 5-10 flowers left on my tree after having to cover it at just the wrong time. :hit

Watered tonight. Tomorrow so much is going in the ground! :wee
There’s a stream/ aqueduct running very near my peach tree. I believe that may have a big influence on the health of my tree.

Be happy it stayed to your west.
=
Tomatoes are being trained up so I can plant them in their deep solo cups next week.
I can't find the hummingbird feeders and they have to go out this Monday, so internet to the rescue.
Hail clobbered my greenhouse roof. Nothing punched all the way through, but the outside layer is getting rough. I'll look into new panels for next year. Or maybe I'll tear down and build with 2x4 and clear panel barn paneling - or maybe swap it for a pigeon loft.

It's a cocktail charcuterie plate apparently. I've found some set pieces.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2343801669...2sMSFAhjjI6Eee6EGWG3lUVOls2MhkyRoCkmkQAvD_BwE

Then there's this set.

View attachment 3810980
Ha ha old eyes , I read this as cockatiel chacuterie board! Ha I imagining a far side cartoon with cockatiel standing around with those plates! My mind ; where does it go?

Usually there are screw keyholes on the back of those power bars.
True! But the screws would stick out inside the brooder. And it's easier to just put something under it for now. I'm also putting their first brooder (a medium-sized dog crate) in front of the screen so the dogs can look, but not bust in if they get too excited.

Back
Top Bottom