What did you do in the garden today?

Mom's bed are built assembled except for the top rails that will wrap all around - hence the stack of boards in the pic. The bed is getting filled with garden soil tomorrow along with a barrier at the bottom to keep grass or weeds from growing up through the bed from the existing lawn below.

View attachment 3818355
That looks awesome.
I'm jealous! :p

Another $25 in gas pffft
Gas is $5.49 a gallon here. 😭
TIGHT arms in a working shirt
Dude seriously I have muscular arms, I hate how tight arms are in jackets and shirts that are supposed to be my size.... I feel like I'm going to hulk out of them just by drinking my coffee or turning my steering wheel🤣
as for the nasty fabrics..
Not to mention that they all melt if touched by camp fire embers. 😣

Have you had your asparagus come back up yet?
Last year they changed my designation from 5b to 6a. We have asparagus coming up, and have picked some.
Is it to early or are they done for?
What kind of soil do you have? A friend of mine who lives about 50 miles south of me has much sandier soil than I do (hard to imagine, but it's true) and she get asparagus a good two weeks before I do.

I doubt they're done for, unless something seriously damaged the crowns.
Saw my transplanted asparagus were growing- super excited
Transplanted! Dang, I have had ZERO luck with trying to move an established crown from one spot to another. Any tips? I still have a couple that I don't want to kill, but they're not in the most convenient spot.
I planted a bunch of seeds - sunflower, aster, bee balm, cabbage, bok choy, spinach, lettuce, oregano, basil, green onion, rosemary and put them outside as it was a nice and sunny day. Now I'm trying to decide if I need to go bring them in as night time temp will be 50 degrees.
50 degrees is plenty warm. They should be fine.

Good morning gardeners. I still have another piece of HC to attach to the grow out pen and build a new door. I did “harvest” two buckets of nice compost from the pen yesterday. Moving day for the littles will be pushed to tomorrow. According to the new growing zone map, I am no longer 5a but 6b. Good grief. Yes my asparagus is coming up now @Sueby. It started coming up before that last freeze. The one shoot that was 3 inches up curled like a candy cane. There are more coming up now but not like they were the year before last. I’m sure the plants are still recovering from that minus 15F blast we had. The male plants were planted last year and are taking their time to sprout. Hopefully the warmer temperatures will give them a boost. The peas and lettuce bed is doing great and all the transplants in the amended bed are looking good too.

Plum tree help. Cannot figure this problem out. I’ve looked into it for the past 2 years. I’m not sure if I have an insect problem, fungal or bacterial problem.

Often, on this particular American purple plum, the tips of the leaves will turn brown and come off too. But it begins with these “lesions” on the leaves. But, have not come across any guidance online with similar problem.

IMG_4805.jpeg

IMG_4806.jpeg

I rode the bike to compensate and pick up the cheesecake- tiny Mexican food hole in the wall at our local marina. It's the only eatery for 30 miles and dang it, I want cheesecake. LOL
=====
and as for the nasty fabrics....ugh they SMELL and hold the smell
I can't count the number of times I've been behind someone in line that was decked out for a run or yoga, and had never seen the inside of a studio or hit road with trainers, and smelled to high heaven of ...body ick. No underwear, straight through spandex GROSS.....
Do you not have friends and family that love you enough to tell you you STINK of old, unwashed clothes and body funk??
======
OC I'm also tired of seeing people wear all this skin tight crap as clothing. Only time I'm in it is for house lounge wear, ranch work that is too warm for work pants but too chill for shorts, or my 12 mile bike rides.
======
Got me laughing about Stink! Yes! Omg some of these fabrics are horrible. I don't think these folks realize how bad they smell...literally stinking up the aisle while grocery shopping. Either a BO smell, a chemical smell, or that nasty odor these people's heads get when they do not shampoo for a week...it literally makes me gag, old layers of sticky hair product on an unwashed head...ugh make me have to hack & spit, like it somehow gets into my sinuses then into my mouth! What is that crap a living entity?!

And how about those fabrics that smell like toxic waste chemicals? What was this the article of clothing soaking in the bottom of a formaldehyde bin for 6 months? Sure smells like it! 🤮 Sometimes entire stores reek of it, the stench hits me in face as I go to walk in...nope, get as far as the front door, turn around & walk right back out, quickly, holding my breath then spitting & gagging & gasping for outside air. I Cannot shop breathing in that toxic odor. 😩
I may be super sensitive to smells, but I'm not alone, others are gagging right there with me. Can you imagine having to work in that place? 😳 They could not pay me enough to breathe that nasty crap all day.

Sorry about my rant, it just really is getting ridiculous with simple freaking jeans! Just ticks me off.

No one had my size in stock so I went to Walmart & got 1 pair of Lee jeans, fit the way jeans should & have the normal deep pockets, & do not stink, but yeah, they're thin for summer & have a bit of stretch so I do need to wear a belt.

Anyway...I'll be on a painting job all weekend, so today I am picking up feed then coming back here to sow some seeds & seedlings & protect the apple tree trunks from these deer antler rubs. I'm hoping to get some sand from my neighbor's pool dig...I want the sand for my chicken pens. Will post some pics later after I get something accomplished. Hopefully, not too much sidetracking, today. It's amazing how easily it is to get bamboozled into picking up a chair for someone (cuz I have a truck) or setting up someone's bird in my sick bay (cuz no vets around here see birds).

The sun is shining 👍 & I'm done complaining about clothes, jeans & stinky people 😆.

Last edited:
Ladies wearing men's clothes nobody will care. Guys wearing women's clothes would get some strange looks.:lol:
I remember a few dudes pulled it off & were famous for it...Boy George & Prince? 😆 Of course they both regretted the high heel platform shoes, though. 😆 🤣 😂

Bad shoes = aching back!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom