What did you do in the garden today?

I'm only planting yellow zucchini this year , it's so much easier to find on plant. I like the idea of staggering the plantings that way I can taste the difference between green and yellow.
I planted both green and gray zucchini this year. I'm experimenting.

I have the front covered by trees nothing can grow there but I put weed block down oyster over pots of hens and chicks from my Ma succulents that where hers.
I have walking onion and garlic all in pots and a huge onion chive we have used for 14 years here.
Going to try crushed egg shells in it.
Pictures? 😎

I would trade brome grass for Johnson grass any day. Maybe I'd say differently if I had Johnson, but brome is my number 1, most pain in the butt, hand, and back weed! If I didn't have brome, I would have at least 50% less weeding to do.
We've got the brome grass, too. I had to look it up, did not know the name of this stuff also here along with the Bermuda, crab, nutsedge & Johnson & some other crazy looking thing I've yet to ID. Ugh, this stuff is crazy, like there are literally 7 different kinds of grassy weeds here. Pulling weeds is one thing, but when ya can't even pull them & must go get shovel, pick, hoe & chase some downward into the soil nearly 3 feet...it is backbreaking crazy. Bishops Weed & crown vetch are doing well this year, too.

What boggles my mind...when I look up stuff, yes I will find it in the "annoying weed" category, but I also see this stuff can be purchased, to plant "on purpose"??? Really??? Who wants this stuff deliberately??? Inquiring minds wanna know!!! 😆

We've got the brome grass, too. I had to look it up, did not know the name of this stuff also here along with the Bermuda, crab, nutsedge & Johnson & some other crazy looking thing I've yet to ID. Ugh, this stuff is crazy, like there are literally 7 different kinds of grassy weeds here. Pulling weeds is one thing, but when ya can't even pull them & must go get shovel, pick, hoe & chase some downward into the soil nearly 3 feet...it is backbreaking crazy. Bishops Weed & crown vetch are doing well this year, too.
I’m not laughing at your pain, I have grassy weeds that laugh at my eradication attempts!

What boggles my mind...when I look up stuff, yes I will find it in the "annoying weed" category, but I also see this stuff can be purchased, to plant "on purpose"??? Really??? Who wants this stuff deliberately??? Inquiring minds wanna know!!! 😆
Like people who plant privet, wisteria, and honeysuckle deliberately...
:barnie

At least those smell good.... 😂
My house would look like this if I didn't severely prune those invasives!
55c8dc39efb57.image.jpg

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom