What did you do in the garden today?

And my problem is finding the NON-pleated ones. UGH.
They do not do well in the microwave, and the plastic they're starting to use shreds after it gets cold.
I'm sticking to my Tupperware, and old glass.
And humidity...OMG....we are saturated, even in drought. It's only 75'F right now, but we are sticky wet, humid. The kind where your sock slip and your bra doesn't sit right. Swampy, am I right @TJAnonymous ?
Oh yes... It was stupid hot and humid today. DH was outside hanging laundry on the line. I was like "you know that's going to take FOREVER to dry in this humidity?!?!". Thirty minutes later he came back in the house and I thought he'd doused himself with the house. Um.. Nope. He was just sweating that badly. We pretty much stayed inside after that until dusk when it was cooler.

We've had over 8" of rain in the past 2 weeks. Mosquitoes are CRAZY at the moment.

JUST realized the corn I planted is from Baker Creek. I have a whole package planted and only TWO have germinated. Now come on, we all can't be having the same problem, different states, different zones, different weather and planting times. That's it. I'm done with Baker Creek.
I have corn seed from Baker Creek that was ordered in late 2022 or early 2023. I planted it last season and this spring. All of that has come up. Even the seeds I planted this year from the old packets.

Just my personal speculation, but most of the seeds from them that I received from last fall to now are the ones with the germination problems. I've used BC for at least 5 years now and never had this problem until this past year.

Tomorrow I have ice cream squares, shoo fly cake, and cooked french toast sticks going in. All are for boy scout summer camp.
Oh my gosh! That sounds incredible!!:drool
I wonder how that might work on wisteria, poison ivy?
View attachment 3836108
I weeded this a couple weeks ago, see all the wisteria popping up? 🌿🌿🌿
:mad::he:rolleyes:
Definitely DO NOT burn poison ivy. I know someone who did, and they had such a bad (thankfully, only external) reaction to it that they couldn't really bend their knees for A MONTH!! Her legs were super swollen with a really bad rash. It just aerosolizes the bad stuff in the poison ivy. I've heard of people dying because they burned poison ivy.

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but it scares me so bad every time I hear (or read) someone mention burning poison ivy.

Oh yes... It was stupid hot and humid today. DH was outside hanging laundry on the line. I was like "you know that's going to take FOREVER to dry in this humidity?!?!". Thirty minutes later he came back in the house and I thought he'd doused himself with the house. Um.. Nope. He was just sweating that badly. We pretty much stayed inside after that until dusk when it was cooler.

We've had over 8" of rain in the past 2 weeks. Mosquitoes are CRAZY at the moment.
I swear, if I find one more tick in my hair....
=======
We had a good breeze going today, and I worked outside most of the day. DH was wearing firehose pants, I was hot just looking at him. But he was walking behind the push weed eater, so I can't blame him. But I'd be out of those long heavy bush pants for everything else the second I was done with the fence line weeds. TOO HOT.
The house was too warm too. So during breaks we were outside in the shade and breeze, until it stopped. Then ugh.
And the cottonwood is flying, so I sneezed so hard last night I woke myself up and pulled a sternal tendon. I swear.
Upside, the freeze dryer is done.
The french toast sticks are amazing!
The ice cream squares are divine.
And the cake crackers, delish!

Storms tomorrow and Monday, so I won't be running the machine then.

Next up I think is sweet potato chips.

Back
Top Bottom