Chicken-Maniac

Songster
May 13, 2021
Hi, there! My family and I are thinking about hatching our own chickies! But the question is, how?
We already have a Brinsea incubator (and the option to let our hens hatch them in a separate little coop area) and some chick starter. What else do I need? Should I hatch them or would it be better to let the hens hatch?

Hi, there! My family and I are thinking about hatching our own chickies! But the question is, how?
We already have a Brinsea incubator (and the option to let our hens hatch them in a separate little coop area) and some chick starter. What else do I need? Should I hatch them or would it be better to let the hens hatch?
I would hatch using an incubator, some broodys are really worrying. You would need a heat lamp, and I recommend dog pads as bedding in the brooder. Although, if a broody hen hatched them, you dont really need a brooder, but like I said, some broody hens are awful at hatching and some are great!

I would try to leave 5-6 eggs (for hens to go broody), and if the broody is a bad mom, take the eggs and pop it in the incubator. Just make sure that you have brooder materials in case.

I would hatch using an incubator, some broodys are really worrying. You would need a heat lamp, and I recommend dog pads as bedding in the brooder. Although, if a broody hen hatched them, you dont really need a brooder, but like I said, some broody hens are awful at hatching and some are great!

I would try to leave 5-6 eggs (for hens to go broody), and if the broody is a bad mom, take the eggs and pop it in the incubator. Just make sure that you have brooder materials in case.
Cool. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom