What have you been reading?

Pics
Can anyone recommend books having to do the people of the Congo? Either history or culture. Any time period. Preferably true or able to provide truth. So, something like Edward Rutherford - fictional families but representative of categories of families or, even Eric Flint's Ring of Fire - sci fi but with enough real history woven in to be helpful. Not unrealistic/insulting like Tarzan.

Ideally from an Afro-centric point of view but I'd welcome any suggestions.

Come share and what books you you have been reading lately!

Lately I’ve finished A Tale of Two Cities, The Scarlet Letter, Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter), and Fantastic Beasts and Where Too Find Them.

I’m currently reading Dear Evan Hansen(Novel), Dracula (Bram Stoker), and The Maze Runner.

I’m about to start The Silmarillion. I’ve heard that is pretty dense so I don’t know if I’ll manage get all the way through it though.
The Silmarillion is SOOO GOOOOD! I’m a mythology nerd so I loved getting to learn the “lore” behind Middle Earth. I hope you love it.

Right now I’m reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine (realizing as an adult that my history teachers were terrible, so doing some self-educating :)) and after that I’m digging into Dubliners by James Joyce.

Just finished The River by Peter Heller and can’t recommend it enough. It’s like Gary Paulsen, but darker and more murdery.

Back
Top Bottom