What kind of Rooster is this? (Full-grown Small Guy)

bragabit

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Southern Utah
We have had this little roo for over a year now. We just love him, and his sweet personality. It just tickles us to see him nurture the baby chicks our hens raise, yet alert the flock to danger. He is very small half the size of any of my standard hens. His comb is very interesting, it has two rows. His legs are very short and clean (yellow). He seems to hold his wings lower almost dragging them on the ground at times. Any ideas on what he is...maybe a combo?

26107_chickens_009.jpg

He is in the middle:

26107_chick_pic.jpg

dont quote me on this...but he looks like he has a buttercup comb and the wat you decribe his feathers as if to drag them.. sound like a serama... or japanese ... im not gonna swear by that thats just what my chickens are and what they do with there feathers...

Just from what I see......I think he is OEGB cross.....I think he is a cross because he appears to have a walnut or pea comb (it is kinda hard for me to tell from the pic) and the yellow legs.... OEGB should have a straight comb (that some dub for show and prevent frostbite). He could be crossed with almost anything. I would guess that a Silver Duckwing crossed with at least two other variety of bantam (but a standard in the mix is not completely out of the question
hmm.png
). My guess on the other bantam breeds would be Dutch, Wyandotte, and Japanese, maybe. Very nice looking little man.
smile.png

I would agree with OEGB cross. He has a rose-comb, which is hard to say what breed that is from. But his color is gold duckwing, which is an OEGB color. I can't think of another breed that has that color.

Okay I got it. So I pulled up a picture and am amazed how closely he looks them. But interestingly enough he really doesn't match the personality of the game bird. He is docile and very sweet to his hens. He isn't so much outgoing towards us, but never hostile or mean.

Quote:
My OEGB are not mean to me either, I did have one that would try to flog me if I was too slow on dishing out the food, but other than that they are all pretty nice. Now their behavior towards my son is a different story, they hate him
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom