What made you happy today?

My best friend from high school got a few of my Silkies about 2 months ago. She got the feva now! 😆
I told her about the incubator we found in the barn when we bought this house in October last year.
I sent her a photo of my husband getting it ready for me to place eggs inside.
We talked about them every day, (my first incubator experience).
Next thing I know, she has a new incubator. I gave her several of my silkie eggs to hatch....
She has silkie chicks this morning and I have GRANDCHICKS!!!
Happy
Happy
Happy
:jumpy

Decided to try out microgreen sprouting for my chickens. Went with chia seeds as I had a bunch on hand, even though they are apparently one of the more difficult ones to do.

Today, day 3, I opened them to do the daily misting and saw a few patches of white fuzz. MOLD, I thought. I was so disappointed. Went to work, and decided to do some research to get the next batch right.

Turns out, the tiny white fuzz is just roots. So tiny, but then so are chia seeds! Haven't messed it up...yet!

My lawn mower started after setting idle all winter.
24 y/o got the craftsman riding mower out 2 days ago…. Couldn’t get it to stay running…

I had to walk him through it again…

Fuel line cleaned out, carb drained. Filter replaced. I checked oil…. I asked DS if they had checked it. They said nope. I showed them how low it was and they simply shrugged. After priming the fuel line…
Started up. Idles like it should. They went out to mow the front yard….

A spindle gave up the ghost and all 3 mounting bolts gave out…. /facepalm

24 y/o got the craftsman riding mower out 2 days ago…. Couldn’t get it to stay running…

I had to walk him through it again…

Fuel line cleaned out, carb drained. Filter replaced. I checked oil…. I asked DS if they had checked it. They said nope. I showed them how low it was and they simply shrugged. After priming the fuel line…
Started up. Idles like it should. They went out to mow the front yard….

A spindle gave up the ghost and all 3 mounting bolts gave out…. /facepalm
I’m sorry folks. This post was the antithesis of the spirit of this thread!

My thankfulness for today?
I have a 3…. Small tidbit… I hope this balances out my lawnmower error posting.

1) had a 45 minute, stress reducing call with my Aunt while waiting to talk with a DAV (Disabled American Veteran staff member)
2) had a good first talk with the DAV staffer.
3) I found a very good deal on 23 bags of cement (on a fluke)….

Back
Top Bottom