What made you happy today?

Let my 7-week old chicks out of the brooder this afternoon for a little sunshine and exercise. It was a little below freezing but felt warmer. They got to try out their wings, buzzing around in their pen. So cute, so fun! So far they have only discovered speed, they have not discovered "up." When they learn "up" we will have to trim wings so they don't go over the 4' fence and into trouble, lol. Two more weeks, weather permitting, we will start integrating. Maybe next week if it's nice.

That's one thing that eludes me. A good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm a good cook and baker, but chocolate chip cookies are tough for me to get just right
I use the recipe on the back of the Nestle chip bag, but I do change a couple things. I use butter (never margarine :sick) and I use all DARK brown sugar. I make the dough, then stick it in the fridge for a few hours. Then I make the dough into balls, instead of scooping spoonfuls.

I haven't tried adding cinnamon; that was on my radar and then I had to go gluten free, so no more baking chocolate chip cookies. :hit

Back
Top Bottom