What predator would eat everything but the head?

Makomd

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
ES of MD , USA
Lost our first chick yesterday that could not be accounted for by a neighbors dog. Just happened to be looking down and the whole head was laying there with very few feathers laying around it. It appeared all the cranial parts were still still there but no body or feet could be found. These chicks are between 6-7 weeks old.

Thanks for any help looks like a trap is coming tomorrow.

what is ineteresting we got a predator here in south africa whick only eats te head and leave the whole body i post some pic

the genet

this same animal give R3000 damage about $300 after killing 2 ring teal duck males and a maned geese female. one night when i do my rounds outside by my avairies before going to bed i see in our mullberry tree white wool stuff hanging when i came closer is see little rabbits and it was my wife s rabbits young hanging only by there body head gone and then i see the genet, call the cops and they shoot it

Wow. Most of what I see is animals that drag away there prey or eat the head only. I was quite surprised to see maybe 2 loose feathers and the head all right next to the run. Little to no blood as well. I have seen a stray cat running around for months, but caught it on the game cam never bothering the chickens, but my MIL said she thought she saw a fox the very same night.

Regardless we're getting a couple of traps today and see what we come up with. May have to relocate the animal/s to a subterranian destination.

Back
Top Bottom