What would i get?

AnnaWolf

Songster
Dec 8, 2019
The Netherlands, Flushing
I am going to get eggs from dutch booted bantams, to expand my flock of 2 EE'S. What would i get if i cross them?
Could they?
My EE's are about 1.2kilo and Dutch Booted bantams are about 850grams.
Could they get bleuish eggs?
Would they have muffs?
Would they have boots?
How heavy would they get?
And wich colors could they get?
20200123_092622.jpg
these are my EE pullets.
Screenshot_20200127-171655_Chrome.jpg

This is a picture of the internet to show you what birds i am going to hatch.
It shows chicken math strikes again:lau:jumpy

Could they get bleuish eggs?
Certainly. If the EEs themselves are laying green or blue eggs, that means that they carry at least one blue egg gene. If she has one gene, half her chicks will too. If she has two blue egg genes, all of her chicks will carry the blue egg gene (but only one copy of it each)
Would they have muffs?
Muffs are dominant, so probably. EEs are a pretty mixed bunch, though. As with the blue egg gene, they may only be carrying one copy of the muff gene, which means that only half of their chicks would receive it.
Would they have boots?
They'd certainly have feathered legs, but the amount of feathers per chick would probably vary pretty widely.
How heavy would they get?
Form my experiences of (unintentionally) breeding bantams to large fowl, pretty small. About halfway between the two sizes is a fair bet.
And wich colors could they get?
I have no idea. I can tell you that that pretty mottled thing that the Dutch have going is recessive. All of the chicks would carry it, but none of them would show it.

Back
Top Bottom